Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ramada Staten Island(Staten Island)
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,220 results
All reviewsfront deskcocktail hourhilton gardengreat restaurantfree shuttleshuttle servicehome away from homecruise portnew yorkomeletbusiness centerweddinghgieventballroomlorenzosnightclub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We recently stayed here while my wife ran in the New York Marathon. This is a world renown marathon and yet it seemed as if the just did not care about the marathon or the runners.

We are so used to the Hilton s going above and beyond to cater for runners. The Hilton in Disney is a perfect example how to take care of their marathon runner clients. We chose this Hilton because of our good experience with Hilton s catering for runners. This Hilton is one of the closest hotels to the start of the race on the entire Staten Island.

These are my dislikes;
The 1st night there was a very loud wedding and our room was right above the reception hall. Trying to get a goof night sleep was almost impossible. Common sense would be to put the marathon runners on their own section of the hotel.

The next night there were kids running in the halls You could hear everything anyone said in the hallways, the walls were so thin we could hear the guys in the next room coughing and flushing the toilet.

The rooms had "pillows" that were tiny square things that were so flat and uncomfortable. One would expect good quality bedding in a Hilton.

We asked if they would have breakfast early so the runners could eat before they ran. I might as well asked him for free food, with the look we got. We were told there was no special arrangements for the runners. Wow , what a difference to other Hilton's close to marathons.

Very disappointing

Room Tip: Stay some where else if you want a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Shaunc64,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. I sincerely hope that you give us another chance. If you are ever in our area again, please contact me personally so I can ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The cleanliness of the hotel room was not up to my expectations. There was dust and candy wrappers behind night stands. It appeared to be Top cleaned only. The front desk staff should be more detailed when giving info on hotel restaurants, etc. When told of a buffet they should have also told us the cost instead of us being surprised when we arrived that it was $30 per person.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Krisitine C,
I would like to apologize the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet our expectations and I appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and bringing it to our attention. It will be an issue that I will bring up with the manager of housekeeping. If you ever find yourself in our area again, please contact me personally and I'll do everything in my power to ensure that your next stay with us will meet, if not exceed, your expectations.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travelled from Wales UK to New York for my friends wedding. I was met on time by their free shuttle service, my room was as indeed the whole hotel was, spotlessly clean, warm and the staff are obviously proud to be in their profession, always have time for a chat without intrusion. The pool was great and I was so impressed that there was a lifeguard on duty, which is not always the case elsewhere. Food was good, and I would heartily recommend this hotel. I travel to NY every year and stay in Times Square, but from now on, because of their brilliant free shuttle service, and the free ferry service, I would recommend anyone to stay there. The only downside is that you get changed in the ladies for the pool, but the door to the pool via the gym is locked so you have to walk through the public area past the spa to get to it, that really needs to be looked at. Other than that - perfect.

Room Tip: Beds are adjustable depending on preferance of soft/firm.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Zoila321,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. I'm glad that your stay with us was exemplary and that you took advantage of all the amenities that we offer. We all take pride in our hotel and work our hardest to meet the expectations of all of our guests. We will definitely look into opening that door between the fitness center and the pool. We intend to make everything convenient for our guests. I hope we see you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was our wedding anniversary trip to New York . Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull over the phone and in the hotel . Hotel looked brand new lobby looked elegantly . Front desk agent Malek greeted us upon check in with great smile gave us hotel information and surrounding.
You can say he loved working there .
Hotel was little away from where we wanted but they offers free shuttle . And shuttle driver Joe Emanuel ( I think that's his name ) was very friendly . He was geniunly interested in our conversation , opened our door every time .
Overall we had a great stay at hilton garden inn . Thank you

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Abubakir,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very pleased that your stay with us was pleasant. Malek is a great part of our hotel team, all of which we take pride in. I'm glad that you had a chance to utilize our complimentary shuttle and I'll be sure to let Joe know of the compliments that you have given him. I do sincerely hope we see you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A ninety-percent excellent experience. It was a very pleasant stay and would stay at the hotel again. The dinner and breakfast were superb and the hotel staff were caring and thoughtful. From the time of arrival to the time of departure the stay was pleasant and enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time out in writing us a great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the hotel and the restaurant. We also hope to have you a guest at the hotel again soon so we can make your ninety percent experience to a hundred percent experience.