“Best place to stay on Staten Island”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, New York
“Best place to stay on Staten Island”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Clean and well maintained. Busy on weekends and holidays. Private and well lighted parking area for guests with room keys only is a big plus as main parking lot often packed and busy. Good location just off major highways and easy access to Gothels bridge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Dave G,
I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and I'm glad that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope we see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Staten Island, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel was perfect for a romantic anniversary dinner. The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast the next morning was satisfying. We had an overall excellent experience. Staff was professional, helpful and friendly.

Dear Maria G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest feedback, both good and bad. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we see you soon.
Mays Landing, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel is top notch in my opinion. Very accommodating, knowledgeable, friendly staff. Room more than met our needs and wants. On my next visit I will ask them to undo the "Smart room" feature. Hotel is conveniently located by an Interstate and it's easy to get into Manhattan.

Dear Michael G,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our staff and our hotel. At the moment we are unable to remove the smart room feature, however it is something we are looking into. I sincerely hope we see you again.
Staten Island, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Hilton on Staten Island is a great place to stay. Their food is exceptional and I would recommend this hotel for the excellent quality of service and staff on the island. They also have a great night club that you can go to while here, all in one convenient location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Myron R,
I appreciate the time that you took to review our hotel. We value all guest feedback, good and bad. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to go to our Above Rooftop. I hope we see you again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We recently stayed here while my wife ran in the New York Marathon. This is a world renown marathon and yet it seemed as if the just did not care about the marathon or the runners.

We are so used to the Hilton s going above and beyond to cater for runners. The Hilton in Disney is a perfect example how to take care of their marathon runner clients. We chose this Hilton because of our good experience with Hilton s catering for runners. This Hilton is one of the closest hotels to the start of the race on the entire Staten Island.

These are my dislikes;
The 1st night there was a very loud wedding and our room was right above the reception hall. Trying to get a goof night sleep was almost impossible. Common sense would be to put the marathon runners on their own section of the hotel.

The next night there were kids running in the halls You could hear everything anyone said in the hallways, the walls were so thin we could hear the guys in the next room coughing and flushing the toilet.

The rooms had "pillows" that were tiny square things that were so flat and uncomfortable. One would expect good quality bedding in a Hilton.

We asked if they would have breakfast early so the runners could eat before they ran. I might as well asked him for free food, with the look we got. We were told there was no special arrangements for the runners. Wow , what a difference to other Hilton's close to marathons.

Very disappointing

Room Tip: Stay some where else if you want a good nights sleep
Dear Shaunc64,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. I sincerely hope that you give us another chance. If you are ever in our area again, please contact me personally so I can ensure your satisfaction.
Cranston, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The cleanliness of the hotel room was not up to my expectations. There was dust and candy wrappers behind night stands. It appeared to be Top cleaned only. The front desk staff should be more detailed when giving info on hotel restaurants, etc. When told of a buffet they should have also told us the cost instead of us being surprised when we arrived that it was $30 per person.

Dear Krisitine C,
I would like to apologize the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet our expectations and I appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and bringing it to our attention. It will be an issue that I will bring up with the manager of housekeeping. If you ever find yourself in our area again, please contact me personally and I'll do everything in my power to ensure that your next stay with us will meet, if not exceed, your expectations.
North Wales
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travelled from Wales UK to New York for my friends wedding. I was met on time by their free shuttle service, my room was as indeed the whole hotel was, spotlessly clean, warm and the staff are obviously proud to be in their profession, always have time for a chat without intrusion. The pool was great and I was so impressed that there was a lifeguard on duty, which is not always the case elsewhere. Food was good, and I would heartily recommend this hotel. I travel to NY every year and stay in Times Square, but from now on, because of their brilliant free shuttle service, and the free ferry service, I would recommend anyone to stay there. The only downside is that you get changed in the ladies for the pool, but the door to the pool via the gym is locked so you have to walk through the public area past the spa to get to it, that really needs to be looked at. Other than that - perfect.

Room Tip: Beds are adjustable depending on preferance of soft/firm.
Green Features: pet friendly, towels/sheets changing at yiur request as part of environment practice. toilets dual flush.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Zoila321,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. I'm glad that your stay with us was exemplary and that you took advantage of all the amenities that we offer. We all take pride in our hotel and work our hardest to meet the expectations of all of our guests. We will definitely look into opening that door between the fitness center and the pool. We intend to make everything convenient for our guests. I hope we see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!