“Cant rate this hotel high enough”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cant rate this hotel high enough”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is now our fourth time visiting the Garden Inn and we were made to feel like family. The staff are the hotel's biggest asset. Exceptionally polite, friendly and helpful. The rooms are always immaculate, well presented and good heating / cooling. The breakfast (we paid for B&B) is a buffet style with plenty of choice. Whilst we do not eat in the hotel for evening meal, there is always coffee and snacks available. Ideal for the ferry, newark airport and the local mall. If you are staying on Staten Island, we personally recommend this hotel. We have already booked for New Years.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
DearCarlMarx,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm elated that we have been able to create such wonderful experiences for you during your four stays with us. We love returning guests because we get to know them more and more with each stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoy your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again for New Year's.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The restaurant staff was great. In particular, a staff member named "Jimmy" provided wonderful service.

It was reassuring and fun to have the owners and a couple managers come through the restaurant and speak with us at dinner.

One particular lady at the front desk was very helpful to us.

The man cooking the omelets and pancakes on Saturday morning and Sunday morning was very cordial and a good cook.

The entertainers in the lounge on Saturday night were very entertaining and pleasant.

When we asked staff for another towel or two, we got immediate service.

Our stay was a delightful experience, the grounds impressive, and the hotel memorable.

Green Features: They seem to be continually working on improved environmental policies.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Wayne W,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm ecstatic that your stay with us was pleasant and comfortable. Our staff strives to go above and beyond to accomodate all of our guest needs, as you experienced during your stay. Jimmy, from Lorenzo's is a wonderful member of our staff who are dedicated to our guests. We certainly hope to see you again.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night but we booked two rooms. One suite for us and one additional room for our grown up kids. Neither of us were disappointed.

The hotel is in a great and convienient location with a well lit parking lot and beautiful towel lobby.

If you are thinking of staying somewhere in Staten Island then we recommend this place.

For breakfast.... There is complimentary coffee in the lobby and a wonderful restaurant for a full breakfast.

We were very happy.... Very happy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jedi-Travler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience our cook to order and buffet style breakfast at Lorenzo's. We endeavor to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for all of our guests and I'm glad we were able to do so with you and your family. We hope to see you again.
College Park, Md
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a short trip for us after a wedding in New Jersey. Visited our friends on Staten Island and had a wonderful time. Because we were so busy w/friends we only had one meal (breakfast) at the hotel. However, my Godchild had her reception at your hotel January 2013 and your cocktail hour and dinner far exceeded the one we attended in New Jersey in Sea Bright, Windows on the Water. Very disappointed in that affair. On a scale of 1-10, Patty's wedding at your hotel was an ll! The NJ place was barely a 3. I would love it if you could put a hotel on the South Shore. There is so much more available in that area to visit. Not much where you located.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear nloss,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you have been able to enjoy a couple of events held in our hotel. We strive to create memorable experiences for all of our events. We do hope to see you again.
roscommon ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

i stayed at the hilton garden inn new york /staten is;...on a recent trip from ireland for a friends wedding on staten island ...from start to finish ..i cannot say enough good things about my stay here ...due to cancelled and delayed flights from nashville ..i arrived very late at the hotel ..the receptionist was a lovely charming lady who had my check in and key already for me ...so i cud go straight to my room ...my luggage had gone missing ...and did not turn up for 2 days ...all i had was hand luggage ...it eventually arrived by courier ..the day before the wedding ...every time i checked at reception for news of its arrival ..they were always pleasant and couteous to me ....even leaving a silent red lite msg on my phone ..when it arrived ..and the bellboy immediately brought it to my room on its arrival ...it contained my wedding clothes and gifts for the bride and groom .....the staff at the hilton were fantastic ..also in bar and restaurant as well ...what a hilton shud be ..ive recommended this hotel to all my family and friends in ireland as well ;)

Room Tip: ask at reception for advice on ur needs
Green Features: well thought out...environment practices well thought out practices ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear murph48,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm ecstatic that your stay with us was emjoyable. Our staff, both at the hotel and our restaurant, strives to accomodate all of our guests needs to ensure that every guest feels comfortable and at home. We hope to see you again.
East Brunswick, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in the Hilton on Staten Island NY for my wedding. Towels weren't in my sisters room and had to request 2x for them, my friends car got stolen from the parking lot,my parents were told they didn't have a room and when they said had one for them , they were put on the 3rd floor by elevator when all there guests and family were on the 5th and 6th floors. signs and info for car pickups were not given to guests that we would be told would be. There was no free shuttle to the venue and since I had to get our own car for guests the hotel was not to accomodating since we were told it was a third party and not there responsibility!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Kayla L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as we value all guest feedback, good and bad.
I would like to apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We intend to accomodate all of our guests' needs and it's regrettable that we were unable to do so with you. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for two days on business. I find the setting where the hotel is, quite interesting but in a good way. Honestly, it felt like driving into a Disney World hotel enclave. Hotel staff are friendly. Originally, I was place in a corner suite which was very comfortable and quiet for the first night. Second night things changed when they were having an "event" which included loud, thumping music, which I was told would last until midnight. Staff did accommodate my needs and I switched rooms. I could hear the music all the way down the halls. I did have dinner at the hotel restaurant one night and it was okay. I can't say that I would come back but on the other hand I can see why some people would.

Room Tip: If there is an event going on, asked to be placed as far away as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Roadrunnah,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that our event disturbed your otherwise comfortable stay. We host many events here and we certainly don't intend for it to impose upon our guests. While I'm glad that we were able to rectify the situation by putting you in a quieter room, I'm sorry that it was an issue in the first place. I do hope we see you again and if you are in the area again, please contact me directly so I can ensure your satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!