“Some changes made -- and they are good!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The last time I reviewed this hotel (2 years ago) I gave it a thumbs down. I stayed there again last week and wow what a difference! Courteous staff, well appointed, clean rooms, adequate parking and an over-all feeling of they want to please their guests. Well done!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PenfieldUpstater
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear PenfieldUpstater,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm ecstatic that you have noticed and enjoyed the many changes that we've made. We take all guest feedback very seriously and we use it to better ourselves so we can provide a better experience for our guests. We hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay..the hotel beds were very comfy and our breakfast was great too!! Great place to stay away from the crazy city. We took the Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan and spent the day and then was able to relax back in Staten Island for the night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise B
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Denise B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm ecstatic that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable. We strive to create a relaxing environment for all of our guests, whether they're here for business or pleasure. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

No HVAC in 1st room, smelled, 2nd room minimally better. Worn frayed bed linens. Poor housekeeping. They have HVAC to turn off when you leave room. It goes to 75 UNCOMFORTABLE degrees. Then takes 3+ hours to get to bearable 70 degrees. Room on 6th floor apparently below dance club loud bass sound into all hours of the night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear TXP2531,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we value all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay with us. The verve system that is installed in the room is meant to be enviromentally friendly, as it detects the guests' presence in the room and automatically adjusts the temperature. It's a shame that it was a displeasing factor during your stay. Your experience here is not a common one and I would like an opportunity to rectify this. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly so I can ensure your stay will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff and hospitality, very good location easy access. SPA tub need a little upgrade in junior king suite, but overall a great experience, I will stay again when returned to the area. Recommend it to any one for bussines, vacation or get away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Alberto D,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currenly in the process of renovating our rooms, so our junior suites will no longer offer the jacuzzi tub but will instead have a beautiful walk in shower instead. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here most of last week. All in all it wasn't bad. My wife has family and friends in the area so we will likely return here to stay.

I will mention a few things though for those looking to stay here. First they are undergoing construction. So sleeping in will be tough if you are a light sleeper. Hammering and drilling kicks off at about 7am. Also in the light sleeping part. In our room the a/c vent was right above our heads and when it kicked on it was pretty loud.

Another possible construction related issue was one afternoon we had brown water in our sink. We notifed the front desk and they were already aware of it apparently.

We also didn't see any sort of continental breakfast being offered. If it was (which would be nice) they didn't make an effort advertising it.

These may seem like a lot of negative things, but in the grand scheme the hotel was decent and as previously stated we will be back I'm sure. I just wanted to let those that are considering this place to know what is currently going on.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear JoeLeo237,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize that our construction interrupted your stay. We are currently updating our hotel to make it more comfortable for our guests and it certainly is not our intention to disturb our current guests. We do offer breakfast buffet and a cook to order chef for $14.95 per person plus tax and gratuity. I apologize you were not informed of this upon check in, as we do intend to make it known to all of our guests. Please contact me directly for your future stays so I can ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel considering how much I paid a night I was expecting better. Check in is at 3, I didn't try to check in until 5 and they didn't have a room ready yet. I was told that the room still needed to be cleaned and that they would call my cell phone when it was ready. By 7 I still hadn't received a call. When I called the front desk I was told yes the room was ready. When I got back to the hotel they did give me a complimentary voucher for breakfast in the restaurant BUT the room was not what I would consider cleaned. There was pubic hair in the bath tub, the bar of hand soap had been open and used, the toilet paper hadn't been refilled and there was no coffee for the coffee maker. I just felt like the cleaning of the room was very rushed and considering check out is at 12, I feel they had more than enough time to clean this room properly. I really did expect better.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Ginny1042

Dear Ginny1042,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest feedback, as it gives us a chance to see what areas we need to focus on to make our guests' have a better experience. I would like to apologize for your unfortunate experience with your room not ready and not being cleaned thoroughly. It is not a typical occurance at our hotel and we are mortified that you had to experience that. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly so I can ensure your next stay with us exceeds your expecations.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Where can I begin?

Location: Conveniently located close to the Newark Airport, Call them when you land and they will arrange a free shuttle but to pick you up. They told me to wait about 30 mins and I did wait 30 mins. They also offer (which I didn't know until I talked to a driver) a free shuttle bus to the Staten Island Ferry, where you can take a ferry to the Lower Manhattan for free.

Service: First person I encountered was a shuttle driver from the airport. During 20 mins ride, he gave me information about the area. Upon arrival, the friendly front desk was ready for me as they had 30 mins to prepare for my arrival (as I called from the airport to arrange the shuttle). It was so easy, despite of early check in, they had everything ready for me.

Room: Very clean and spacious.

Breakfast: Cook to order omelet or eggs, and breakfast buffet. Unlike many other Hilton Garden Inns with cafeteria style chairs and tables, this place was actual restaurant with white cloth napkins from breakfast. I was seated right away and enjoyed good breakfast to get my started right.

Either for business for leisure, this hotel is perfect for its location and price. With their great service, I felt like I discovered a hidden gem. I will definitely pick this hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hamham730,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm ecstatic that you had a chance to experience some of our amenities that we have to assist our guests' to make their stay more convient and more comfortable. Our complimentary shuttle, which is completely based off of reservations, does both drops offs and pick ups at Newark airport, the Staten Island ferry, and Bayonne cruiseport. Our hotel is competely dedicated to our guests' satisfaction and our staff goes out of their way to ensure that everyone who comes to our hotel feels welcome and comfortable. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!