“Delicious steaks”
Review of The West Shore Inn

The West Shore Inn
Ranked #110 of 908 Restaurants in Staten Island
Description: Voted #1 Steak 2 years in a row! We are a traditional American Steak & Seafood restaurant. All of our food is homemade and made to order. Come taste the difference!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a hidden gem on Staten Island. The West Shore Inn is a great steakhouse. Having won the best steaks on Staten Island award in 2014 the restaurant doesn't disappoint. We came here with a party of 6 without reservation and were lucky enough to get seated right away. Our waitress was very attentive and we received our food within expected amount of time. The steaks were cooked to perfection and meat was of good quality. We had an issue with a fish dish but the waitress rectified our concerns. It's a good place to stop in if you are in a mood for a good steak dinner.
Keep in mind that you will need a reservation during the weekends (and Thursdays) as this place gets busy.

MCharles44, Owner at The West Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review Peter! I am happy to hear that your server was able to address any issues, and rectify any problems. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The pros: the food is really good. The sangria is tasty. Steaks are well prepared. I always go for the volcanic steak tips. The meat is tender, the gravy delicious, the mashed potatoes are smooth and well-seasoned. I’ve never had a bad meal here.

The cons: the acoustics. It is loud as heck in the dining room. Which, makes it a family friendly place, but it’s sometimes hard to have a conversation. Also the service. The wait staff are not terribly attentive and the service can be slow.

The takeaway: you’re going to get a good meal if you come here, just don’t have any other plans for the nightZ

Thanks for the good review! We apologize for the loudness of the dining room during busy nights. I'll speak to the wait staff on their service to make improvements.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

It was Thursday and hotel front desk recommended this place.
There was a small parking lot in the back of the restaurant. We found a parking spot there around 6:00PM. There was a already 45 min waiting time for those who did not made reservations; so we sat on the bar instead.
We ordered prime rib from the specials. It must have been 20oz big. All the sides came in a separate dish. The ice-cream dessert was good but nothing special. The ambience of the place was very good. Service was excellent.

MCharles44, Owner at The West Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This is a Steakhouse. I came here Sunday evening out of curiosity, looking for good steak. It’s a cozy restaurant with booths, tables, and a lively-friendly bar. They were having a karaoke night. They serve certified Black Angus beef. Their T-Bones and Porterhouses are Dry-Aged for 21 days, on site. This is why I went. I ordered Volcanic Steak Tips. This dish had sliced Filet Mignon, served on top of garlic mashed potatoes, some great brown gravy, topped with crispy fried onions. I ordered my steak medium-rare. It was delicious and satisfying. Their chocolate martini and baked clams oreganato were very good, as well. I also ordered the Broiled Stuffed Lobster Tail. It was stuffed with a homemade crabmeat stuffing, with a large broiled shrimp on top; with a side of melted butter. The seafood was, very, good tasting and FRESH. The atmosphere was so friendly and felt very safe. The owner: Michael came out to ask my sister and I how we were enjoying the food and our visit. Very classy and nice gentleman. I will definitely return.

MCharles44, Owner at The West Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you so much for the great review Valentina! It was a pleasure meeting you!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This was the first visit for my family . I made a reservation, was seated immediately upon arrival. We ordered appetizers. We ordered stuffed mushrooms and fried calamari. The calamari was disappointing. It was over cooked , rubbery and tasteless. The mushrooms were good. But then WOW!!!! the boneless rib eye was the best I've ever had!!!!. It more then makes up for the disappointing calamari. My daughter ordered the volcano steak ( can't remember the name). That was amazing as well. Will definitely be back for the steak. Service was great ! My daughter and I both agree that we will definitely come here again.