Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019

So in the 3rd night my wife found a rat in the room.
Hotel response was, you must have imagined it.
The private bathroom they advertise is in the hallway.
When she mentioned it, thier response was the opposite room is not occupied, so you can consider it private.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great value for the price that we paid, we stayed here while visiting NYC in May. If you don't mind the ferry ride into Manhattan for sightseeing then this is definitely a place to consider if you are on a budget. We also got some great pictures of the Manhattan skyline and statue of liberty while on the ferry (just not ideal to be going back and forth multiple times throughout the day). Breakfast isn't that great, some fresh fruit and toast every morning, we normally got a breakfast sandwich at the ferry port to fill us up before sightseeing.
The room was clean and the owner was friendly and accommodating (considering that we arrived late due to delays). Would recommenced this B&B, it is also nice to get away from the business of Manhattan. Also if you are staying here and looking for a place for pub food/drinks try Steiny's which is right around the corner, friendly service and more importantly, cheap beer.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were on a road trip from Nova Scotia to New York City for Easter Weekend and stayed two nights here. This B&B has an amazing location only a few mins from the ferry to Manhattan, clean and very well priced. Paul the owner is very helpful and will take care of all your needs. This is not a fancy B&B, but includes everything you need and is a great value. The breakfast is good and includes a fresh bagel, fresh fruit and tea/coffee. I would highly recommend staying here if you are spending sometime in NYC and don't need anything fancy.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We spent the weekend here at Fort Place and it was perfectly nice. We arrived early in the day (before Noon) and the owner graciously got us into our rooms and set up. There was no nearby street parking, and he offered to move his car out of the driveway so we could park there. I was concerned because people said he was hard to deal with, but I thought he was exceptionally kind and generous to us.

The house ia a beautiful old place that has lots of charm and eclectic artwork on the walls. I love old houses and this was a treat to be in. The furnishings and such are a little old...and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable, but I enjoyed our stay quite a bit.

Breakfast was simple. Some bread with butter and jelly, and fruits. They have coffee and tea available too. If you require more than that, there's a deli/convenience store right across the street.

The location was perfect...just a few blocks from the ferry. An easy walk...even in the snow!

We were able to reserve the whole top floor, which was nice. The prices are quite reasonable. I would highly recommend staying here if it's an option for you. It looked like every room was booked for the weekend we were there. But we didn't hear another person there. We happened to bring our 3-month old granddaughter with us...so I apologize to anyone who heard us!! She had a rough night one night! :-)

Room tip: The stairs are quite steep. If you have trouble navigating them, I'd ask for the first floor room.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CookieMonster22030
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I found this place by accident looking for a place to stay while taking care of my Ill brother as I needed a reprieve from the storm. This B and B not only felt safe and comfortable. The wonderful hospitality of Paul and the display of his beautiful art work added a exquisite cultural touch. I slept so well in the quality bed provided and enjoyed the great taste in furniture as well as the food of the continental breakfast.
I’ll definitely be using Fort Place as a habitat for future visits not only for myself but for the whole family.
Well worth the price.