“Do not stay at this hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
South Amboy, United States
“Do not stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My car was stolen from the parking lot during my stay at this hotel. They don't have any cameras in the parking lot either. The security took 25 minutes to arrive to the scene once I told the front desk about the situation. They need to get better surveillance around their facility. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Oscar C
Robin W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Oscar C, I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, we are dedicated to your satisfaction and hope you will a lot us to make up for your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
Allentown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is wonderful all around! Its is almost brand new condition and the rooms were so clean and fresh. All the employees were always helpful and friendly and breakfast was always stocked. If I am ever in the Staten Island area this is my first choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sasha D. Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our staff really works hard at making our guests feel at home away from home.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

yep that is right. someone else got there before me and used my name and they gave up my rooms without contacting me. Yes, it was before 5pm and yes, I had "HELD" my reservation with a credit card. Even worse, they removed my name from the reservation but LEFT MY HOME ADDRESS!! so when the person checked out they put their name and my personal information. When I called to complain about how easily they gave up my room (being a hilton honors member I was even more offended) they acted sympathetic and then sent me an apology email...addressed to the person who had checked into my room. They said they felt really bad about the mix up and would make sure that I received points since I did stay in the hotel that night. Only problem, they gave me apology points but did not credit my account for the night stay.
I am still loyal to the hilton brand but think this one should be dropped from the chain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank karaf874
Robin W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Karaf874 I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, we are dedicated to your satisfaction and hope you will a lot us to make up for your experience.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're a European who travel the US regularly you'll know hotels can offer excellent value compared with prices back home. And they're big too! But even in the US city hotels can be expensive, especially if they're located near airports. But this hotel ticked all the boxes for the last night of my business trip. It is located on Staten Island just off the Goethals Bridge, so very close to Newark. Also, the run into the city from here (although always dependent on traffic) was straightforward, so it makes a good base allowing you those things you don't often get in a city centre (loads of parking, big rooms, etc). Very modern, large hotel, courteous staff. The cost, while higher than other hotels on my trip, was still really good value given its location in Staten Island, indeed costing no more than a typical, nothing-particularly-special UK hotel chain. Rooms were well-furnished, very clean and nice. Loads of options for delivery of fast food direct to your room, catering for every taste (really!). No trouble parking. Great TV, ideal way of winding down before my departure next day.

Room Tip: A front room overlooks the carpark if you're one of those people who wants to keep an eye on you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Calvin S Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our staff really works hard at making our guests feel at home away from home.
Staten Island, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

simple amenities, could use more variety for complimentary breakfast, should have standard staples --eggs bacon and one "special"--ie the omelets or bagel toppers--need more single/couples tables set up --not every table need to shared

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Martin L Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We will be remodeling this year so I think you will find our area set up with more couples tables.
Saint Rose, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Clean, quiet, new and friendly. Went in not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised at ever step of the way. The staff was great. The breakfast staff were spot on and did a great job keeping everyone happy and fed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Bert N, Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our staff really works hard at making our guests feel at home away from home.
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was very clean,the staff was friendly and hotel is convenient to restaurants, schools, colleges, and shopping..We were there to attend a Communion for a grandchild and it was very close to the church and to my husbands children. The only downside is we werent there during the day much, and the mattress was bad. We both had backaches in the mornings.Overall, the hotel was great and highly recommended ..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Shecon54 Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our staff really works hard at making our guests feel at home away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!