“Historic charmer on the water”
Review of Three Village Inn

Three Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just returned from a trip out to the North Fork of Long Island, stayed one night in the main house.
Our room was cosy, huge bed & bathroom, lots of white towels & bedding.
We ate in the Tavern, great service & food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rascall2
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Rascall2,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay at Three Village Inn. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your hotel room in the historic main house as well as dinner in Mirabelle Tavern. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Stony Brook!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had a superior room in the cottages and it was spacious, comfortable and very quiet with a good view of the harbor. We would definitely recommend it to anyone. Also, breakfast every morning included good coffee and several choices.

Room Tip: The tavern can be noisy. Choose the cottages for quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear ColgateTheLeopard,

We are happy to hear you had a great stay at Three Village Inn and enjoyed your cottage room as well as our hot breakfast served in the Tavern that is included with the hotel stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Overall this is a lovely place to stay. Historic, quaint, right on the Long Island sound and walking distance to shops and even a small beach. The food is great and the staff is nice. The cottage rooms are lovely, but that's not where I was staying. I was in the main building, room 3, in what I imagine is one of the original rooms. While the bed, linens, pillows, and towels were top notch, everything else about the room was dated and in need of updating. The bathroom, while extremely spacious, had clearly not been fully renovated since the 50s. I loved the layout of the room, and the electric fire place was a nice touch, I just wish it was up to date. For over $200 a night, the room was definitely not one I can recommend. And since the Inn has no pool or gym there are absolutely no amenities except the bar, which again, is really tough to swallow at this price.

Room Tip: Skip the main house. GO for a cottage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMW757677
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear JMW757677,

We are glad you enjoyed the bed, linens, pillows, and towels at Three Village Inn, as well as our location in historic Stony Brook.

We are currently in the process of renovating the bathrooms in the hotel rooms, and we are sorry yours had not been completed yet.

In walking distance from Three Village Inn there are walking/running trails at Avalon Park as well as a beach near the Stony Brook Harbor.

On your next visit to the Stony Brook area, please contact me directly at 631.751.0555 and I would be happy to assist you in reserving a cottage room that fits your style.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but am writing after reading about all the complaints about the beds. My daughter got married at the Three Village Inn August 2012. It was the most beautiful affair I had ever attended. Everything was perfect. Most of our guests were from out of state and had wonderful things to say about the weekend. One compliment in particular were the beds. In fact, I wrote TVI a note asking what mattresses they use because I am in the market for a new one and want theirs. It was like sleeping on a cloud. We didn't want to get up in the morning. The comforter was think and soft, too. I want to go back there for a weekend stay if just to sleep on the beds. Also, the food was great, the grounds were beautiful and the town is quaint with fun, low key things to do. Not far from the wineries.

Room Tip: Book early. Many of our guests had to stay in an other hotel because they procrastinated and the en...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Commack
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Commack,

We are happy to hear your daughter’s wedding affair weekend was beautiful! We are glad you and your guests enjoyed our comfortable beds, the quaint town, and delicious food.

Three Village Inn was honored to be a part of your daughter’s wedding, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This inn is in a beautiful setting and the staff is well-trained and extremely helpful, However, when I made the reservation I specified that I had a disability (knee) and needed a situation where I could easily access my room. I was given a suite where the stairs were so high my daughter had to bring a step stool for me the following day, and the bed was so high I had to
turn over wastepaper baskets and climb onto the bed using them. My knee was really sore after my stay there. Even my grandchild said her knees hurt (she stayed with me)after climbing the steps to get into the cottage. I noticed several cottages with easier access. The staff should be trained to deal with disabilities. Apart from these specific issues, it was a nice stay and fun for my grandchild, who was treated very nicely by all the staff.

Room Tip: The cottages are nice as they are away from the inn and are very peaceful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear emmagoldman,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Three Village Inn. We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchild while visiting Stony Brook.

All of our hotel rooms do have stairs, and we apologize if your room had more stairs than other hotel rooms.

On your next visit to the Stony Brook area, I would be more than happy to assist you in reserving a room style that you find comfortable by calling me directly at 631.751.0555. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Travelling from New London by ferry across to Long Island we were looking for somewhere peaceful to recharge our batteries before returning to the UK via JFK. This Inn turned out to be a great choice. After travelling through some of the busiest traffic we had encountered in the US we couldn't believe the transition as we reached Stony Brook. the Village, the Inn and the river estuary are all picturesque and unspoilt by urban sprawl. We had a cottage at the Inn which was clean, light and very comfortable. Easy walk into the Tavern where there is a friendly bar and good evening menu, and also where we had breakfast (poor on first day with hot and cold buffet, much better on second day with waitress service and freshly cooked option). An easy walk to the river, woodland park and local shops based around traditional wooden buildings that were relocated. Good parking and wi-fi. bit querky having to pay a service charge on an included breakfast. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Go for the cottages
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Panda65,

Thank you so much for sharing your peaceful retreat with us. We are glad you enjoyed your cottage room, the Tavern Bar, and the picturesque Avalon Park and Stony Brook Village Center.

The small service charge you saw at breakfast was a gratuity for the waiter who served you the complimentary breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Three Village Inn. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Stony Brook area.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wedding was help at the Three Village in and it was the best decision we ever made! We are so happy with the service and the young ladies that help us. They made it there priority to make us feel that we where the only ones having there special event there. Faith and Evelyn (the events coordinators) were a PLEASURE to work with! The place is absolutely beautiful! the food was excellent and the service was amazing! the places were super reasonable. i wish i had the pleasure to stay the inn but we couldn't due to the place being booked! i recommend it! the village where its located is super cute.we love the The Three Village Inn!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARELY T
Carrie B, Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Arely,

We are so happy to see that you were so pleased with the turn out of your Big Day! Evelyn and Faith had a great time working with you on all the little details to make your wedding as special as it was. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon and stay over for one of our 'Anniversary Packages' in the Hotel. Best of luck to you both on your new journey together as Husband and Wife!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Brook
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 3 in Huntington
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Three Village Inn? Share your experiences!