“A first class hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
New York City, New York
“A first class hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a superb hotel! The staff is top notch, caring and compassionate. I cannot praise it enough. I have recommended it to friends and will continue to do so. I stayed there because my husband was seriously ill at Stony Brook Hospital. The staff bent over backwards to help me. My stay was comfortable, pleasant and I recommend it to all -- clean, quiet, lovely, just perfect.
Thank you to all.
Angela S.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Angela S
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Angela S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Though I'm sorry to hear the circumstances that brought you to us, I'm so glad our staff was able to ensure that you were comfortable and well taken care of in a time of need. It was our pleasure to be your host, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family and I stayed at The Holiday Inn Express in Stonybrook, Long Island for vacation for five nights driving from Orlando, Florida. We were really tired from the drive and when we got to the hotel we were really impressed by how clean everything was. Our room was spotless and even smelled good. I slept in a roll way bed and it was surprisingly comfortable, unlike other hotels. We took the LRR into the city (after asking the front desk what was the best way to arrive into the city) they were courteous and even gave us a pamphlet with the schedule. It was a little far away but after a long day of walking around it was nice to get back to our peaceful room. Also, the property is also very pretty with a volleyball court and a pond. It was a phenomenal stay and stood out compared to our other stays at Richmond and Manassas, Virginia on the way over to NYC.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Alopez2827,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad we were able to offer you clean and comfortable accommodations after a long day of travel for you and your family. Our owner and management team are constantly looking for areas of our property to upgrade - and such, our guests now benefit from our on-site sports fields and playground! As a team, we are always looking to impress our guests and exceed expectations in every aspect of hospitality. I hope we see you again in the future!

Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We travel here for business and need to know everything will go smoothly. Melissa at the front desk, Tanya and Deena the Manager who takes duty at the desk as well, are so efficient that larger hotels could take a lesson from them. When I asked for an extra sheet and blanket, they appeared 5 minutes after we were in our room. When kids were running in the hall, a call to the desk yielded immediate attention...taken care of quickly and no unnecessary reporting back...just did it.
The housekeeping is excellent. Iris the Head Housekeeper is in evidence with a smile. Cleaning of the areas is constant but not annoying or smelly. The included breakfast is sufficient...clean,and hot beverages are hot -- cold are cold!
Bedroom: bed is clean and comfortable. Fridge was noisy so a call to the desk, and a knock at the door with a replacement!
This is our place of choice when we are in the Stony Brook area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear L W,

WOW! Thank you so much for your tremendous feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook! I'm so glad that you and your guests felt comfortable and cared for. Our staff truly rises above and beyond the call of duty for each of our guests and it will be my pleasure to pass along your praise to our staff. We appreciate your business and loyalty and sincerely look forward to being your home away from home again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Started staying at this hotel last July when we went for orientation at a local college. Hotel was close to the university and the rate is reasonable. Over the course of the year we stayed approx. 10 nights. The room is always clean, beds and pillow's comfortable, and the staff friendly and accommodating. After traveling 4 hours in a snow storm, all I wanted was a comfy room and hot coco ,half an hour after my arrival the front desk called my room to make sure I found the hot coco .On another occasion my son was ill and I was unable to take him home as we live out of state and I took him off campus and we stayed at the hotel to nurse him back to health. I asked for a room near laundry with two beds and a sofa because we would be confined to our room for a few days. As always they met all my needs. Whenever I stay I notice they are always working updating, painting or making repairs. For the next three years I will consider this hotel my home away from home when visiting my son.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Sandy M.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our entire team at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook will be very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to being your "home away from home" for the years to come. It's our pleasure to be your hosts! As the Official Hotel of the Stony Brook University Seawolves, our doors are always open to family and friends of the University and it's students! We can't wait to see you again soon!

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Full disclosure: I won a night at this hotel in a charity raffle. It was for an "Executive Suite". I was already familiar with the property as guests at my daughter's wedding stayed here several years ago. We were very pleased then and very pleased now.
Pros:
Phone reservations were super-easy
Check-in is very fast and very pleasant
Lobby is thoughtfully designed. Intimate seating areas, comfy chairs and couches, coffee available all the time
Suite was large and comfortable. It was actually two hotel rooms which had been put together. Big living room, limited kitchen, dining table.
Great bed. Lots of soft pillows
Bathroom was fine.
Took granddaughter swimming in the pool. It's big and very clean.
The grounds are fantastic. Toddler playground. Volley ball. Softball. Putting green.
Free breakfast was standard fare. Indoor and outdoor seating. Staff was attentive and kept the place very clean.
Cons:
There isn't any place to walk for food etc. You need a car.
The bathroom towels haven't kept up with the upscale feel of the property. Should be upgraded to larger, higher quality towels.

We had a great time and would stay here again any time.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th (top) floor which fairly quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Biobrat,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a stellar review of our property. We aim to please and I'm thrilled we have been able to consistently meet your needs as your host. We know that you have a slew of hotels to choose from when visiting our area and we're glad to be your home away from home! Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

With all the places you could stay, I would consider this hotel. If you like to walk, you are minutes from a small shopping center and restaurants. Hotel staff seemed pleasant and accommodations were adequate.

Room Tip: Choose a high room. My lower room had traffic noise from the outdoor parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear ColbyButler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad you would consider returning to the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook. We are minutes from shopping and restaurants, and are pleased to offer complimentary shuttle service upon request to local areas. It was our pleasure to be your host and we hope to see you again in the future!

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of days ago for an overnight stay. It was very clean, the room was comfortable and 3 of us were able to stay it in comfortably. The hotel has a fitness room and a pool which are worth trying out. They have free wi-fi and free breakfast buffet for 4 hours, both extra pluses. All in all it was a very nice and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: They have rooms with double queen size beds with a sofa sleeper in the room if you have multiple peo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear SMP272,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad to hear you and your fellow travelers were able to enjoy our newly renovated Pool and Fitness Centers, as well as our complimentary hot deluxe breakfast. Our entire team at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook works tirelessly to ensure each of our guests find our service and accommodations pleasant and welcoming. I hope you choose to visit with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Brook
No photo provided
Three Village Inn
Three Village Inn
#3 of 3 in Stony Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook? Share your experiences!