“Fantastic Inn and Over-the-top Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
Ocala, United States
“Fantastic Inn and Over-the-top Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is absolutely wonderful. The staff makes this inn very special and distinctive from what others are. They make sure you are happy and offer incredible (and respectful) attention to every detail.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate such kind comments! I am also happy to hear that our hotel staff went over the top to make sure you were satisfied. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. I am glad you were so happy with your experience here and we hope to be of service to you again soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had been staying at the HGI for 4 consecutive weeks on business travel. On 7/3 I was checking out of the hotel and going to spend the holiday weekend in Manhattan, NY with my husband. I dropped off a bag with 2 weeks worth of laundry that I had already used in my previous weeks out there. I dropped it off with the front desk person, Ryan, and he wrapped a luggage tag around it and gave me the perforated end.
On Sunday evening when I went to check back into the HGI at Stony Brook, I gave the front desk person my end of the luggage tag and they were not able to produce my items. Long story short the manager, Sean McDonald, and the GM William Gomes got involved and deduced that the items were probably thrown away since they were in a laundry bag. They verbally apologized and admitted fault, and offered me at $50 Visa Giftcard. When I told them my items were worth more than $50, William Gomes suggested that I send him an itemized list. The articles amounted to be well over $100 so they said they had to submit this to their insurance company, Broadspire.
Broadspire denied my claim because they said I wasn't on surveillance tape even though I had to be, as well as I had my end of the luggage tag and a witness (a co-worker of mine). When I asked to speak to someone above my claims representative at Broadspire, Felisa Teamer said I could not and I asked for her 3 different times. When I asked her who I could speak with, she said I could call back the HGI. When I called them back, Sean McDonald said they weren't allowed to speak to me anymore, per Broadspire. I am being stone-walled.
They will not even give me a $100 Visa Gift Card which is less than 1/7th of my losses. I have not heard back from them since 8/1 when I asked for a call back from the GM William Gomes. This hotel plasters their HGI "satisfaction guarantee" all over the place, yet they won't do the right thing and reimburse me for them losing or stealing my clothes. My company gave them a ton of business this summer and this is how they treat one of their customers. They are a sneaky and conniving hotel. Please don't waste your money on them.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
19 Thank Jessica A
Long Beach, NY, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel while attending a friend's wedding reception nearby. The rooms are clean and the suite we stayed in was roomy. Bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. Overall, this hotel certainly served its purpose as a one-night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate your comments. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to be of service to you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed there wile visiting family in the area. It was a comfortable stay, quiet, and clean. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We were pleased that the air conditioner stayed on low all night instead of turning off and on repeatedly as some hotels have them set up to do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 406bonnies
Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate your comments. I am also happy to hear that our staff were helpful and friendly. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to be of service to you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My son and his bride booked a suite for themselves and a large block of rooms for their wedding guests. The entire experience was handled both personally and professionally by Lauren, the sales and catering manager. She answered every question and/or concern immediately. What a blessing to have someone so warm, friendly, and competent handling every pre-wedding and wedding detail as if she were family! Additionally, the staff was friendly and welcoming, first in distributing "wedding welcome bags" to our guests, and then continuously making sure everyone had a comfortable stay. Upon returning to the hotel after their reception at Flowerfield, the happy couple returned to find champagne and strawberries awaiting them in their room. Lastly, the hotel housekeeping was immaculate throughout! The linens were soft and spotless. The breakfast was fresh and the display was continuously replenished. A+++++ recommendation!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emelia P
Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate such kind comments! I am also happy to hear that our hotel staff including Lauren and the front desk were friendly and helpful. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. I am glad your special day went so smoothly and we appreciate you choosing our hotel as your host. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to be of service to you again soon!
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had my daughter's bridal shower here on 7/20 and we couldn't have been happier with the staff and the food. We were able to have decorations stored a couple of days prior and even had some staff help us decorate the day of the event. We had a directional sign put up that threw her off. Lauren was fantastic throughout our whole process of finalizing our booking. Christine was very help in setting up the initial booking and was very pleasant. Both ladies are very professional and Lauren especially assured me that all will go well that day and it did. Rez was our lead banquet person and he was very accommodating. The staff at the Hilton was outstanding and we would definitely have future events there if needed. We hope our wedding room blocks go as smoothly and so far they have. Thank you Hilton Staff for making my daughter's special day go so smoothly.

Room Tip: we did not stay over. we only used banquet room but will have rooms used in late Aug. - Sept.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg S
Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate such kind comments! I am also happy to hear that our hotel staff including Lauren, Christine, and Rez were outstanding and professional. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. I am glad your daughter's special day went so smoothly and we are working to ensure her wedding block goes just the same! Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to be of service to you again soon!
Stony Brook, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great property located in a picturesque area in Long Island Staff was pleasant and knowledgeable Room was comfortable and had excellent amenities he food was very good and it had a comfortable bar to sit and relax at after dinner

1 Thank Hy M
Sean M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We are extremely pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate such kind comments! I am also happy to hear that our staff were helpful and knowledgeable and that you enjoyed our restaurant. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, we strive to provide each and every guest with the ultimate service and experience that you expect and deserve. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to be of service to you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Brook
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Islandia Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook? Share your experiences!