“Amazing Birthday Celebration”
Review of Country House

Country House
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Stony Brook
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Setauket, New York
“Amazing Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Country House is one of the prettiest restaurants on Long Island and I hosted my birthday celebration dinner there. We used a private room to seat our 14 guests. The atmosphere reminds me of a beautiful garden. There were fresh flower arrangements on the large center table which my guests sat around. The food and service were outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014

Smithtown, New York
“Nothing else like it around!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been going here for years, and nothing has changed. It is like entering a magical land. Gorgeous decorations fill the Restaurant, according to season or holiday. You are always greeted by Bob, the owner. Everyone who works there treats you like family.

The drinks are fabulous. The menus are very well done and clever and also fit the holiday and/or season. There is something on the menu for everyone and the prices are very fair for what you get.

The food is as good as, or better than many well known Manhattan Restaurants. From appetizer, salad, main course and desert, you will be in heaven.

Run. don't walk there, you will not regret a thing.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mary H
New York City, New York
“Amazing experience !!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I went to the Country House for my Aunt and Uncle's surprise 50th Anniversary party on April 26th. The place was just amazing !! As soon as you walk in it is just magically. Since it was less than a week after Easter it was decorated with tulips, eggs and bunnies that were just stunning...but decor does not make a restaurant. I waited for the cocktail hour to start to begin my "real" review. The passed hors d'oeuvres were wonderful I had baby lamb chops, shrimp cocktail, several types of bruschetta including one with crab, filet mignon and many types of cheese from a large passed platter. Definitely not your run of the mill appetizers. This lead me to believe that dinner was going to be good and it did not disappoint !! I started with their signature salad that had pecans, pears, blue cheese and an incredible vinaigrette over a bed of greens. For my entree I went with the Short rib that was to die for...it was sooo tender that you didn't even need a knife to cut through it. It was so good that I ate every last piece of a very large sized portion which included roasted potatoes and grilled green beans. Next it was on to dessert. Not only did they serve cake with a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top ...they placed a chocolate covered strawberry on the plate, a piece of cheesecake and also a brownie on the dish!!! Each dessert was better than the next. I would definitely recommend The Country House to anyone for any event or just for an amazing meal ! Wonderful food...great service and beautiful decor !!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank NYC_LP
Smithtown, New York
“" The Perfect 50th Anniversary Party!"”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister and I had a surprise 50th Anniversary party for our parents at the Country House on April 26th and it could not have been more perfect! From our first conversation with Bob (the owner) we knew this day would be magical and it was everything we could have asked for and more. We were able to have the entire restaurant to ourselves which made the evening even better. Working with Bob was wonderful. He was more than accommodating with any and every request we made,
right down to the types of seasoning's and spices we preferred our food cooked in. Any question/request we made Bob would say "Sure we can do that for you." And he did!
The cocktail hour was delicious with things like lamb lollipops, Filet Mignon and shrimp cocktail just to name a few. And course we requested the Country House's (in my opinion and every guess there who had its opinion) most scrumptious dish, the Braised Short Rib. If you have not had it you MUST, it is a slice of heaven on earth!! The chicken and salmon dishes were excellent as well. Every single person at the party has had nothing but positive things to say about the Country house, the staff, the food and Bob the owner. We are still getting calls from family and friends raving about the party and how everything was delicious and just perfect! I would like to thank Bob and his staff for making our parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary the best possible celebration we could ask for and for making it a day we will all never forget!

I highly recommend the Country House and of course their short rib dish. I would give them 6 stars if they were available!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Nicole P
New York City, New York
“Eat elsewhere!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I had taken my mother and 5 of her friends out for lunch at Country House for my mothers birthday. Embarrassingly bad. Most of us ordered soup to start and even though we ordered different choices of soup, all were brought to the table cold. When we sent them back and they were brought out a second time, they were barely hot, more lukewarm. The waiter didn't write down our orders and was very proud that he could remember who ordered what...trouble is he didn't - had no idea who ordered what. Would lay food down in front of the wrong people, it seemed like a fluke when he got it right. Some main courses also came out barely warm and had to be sent back. I had told the staff both when I made the reservation and when we arrived that we were celebrating a birthday. They did nothing to make it special. The restaurant did nothing to make up for all the food having to be returned. The manager apologized when I complained but took no action to invite me back or make a deduction off the bill. This place basically is not run well, neither in the kitchen or the management! Sooo many better places nearby.

Visited November 2013