“Best Mexican in Stony Brook”

Green Cactus Fresh Mexican Grill
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Stony Brook
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Green Cactus in Stony Brook consistently has excellent Mexican food. The ingredients are fresh and the dishes are delicious.The place is pleasant to eat in and has a decent outside eating area. Many people though go for take out. Either way Green Cactus is a reliable place for good Mexican in Stony Brook. This review is based on many visits here over several years. I've never been disappointed. This place is well known and popular so it can be quite busy sometimes.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been to the Green Cactus Grill many times, and to their other locations in the area as well, we have never been disappointed!!! The food is consistently delicious, all the items are made fresh, you have to wait a bit but it is so worth it. Green Cactus has become a standard for us to judge other Mexican food. If you like it more spice you may use their condiment bar to add what you like. The Restaurant is clean, the counter staff could be a bit more friendly-but their attitude will not discourage us from patronizing the eatery. Even our grandchildren like the food.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Have been to several Green Cactus restaurants. Always find that the food is fresh and the restaurant clean. Good choice for fast food.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Food is fresh and good. Service is excellent in this self serve fast food establishment. Menu suggests that the food is Mexican but it only bears a slight resemblance to Mexican food; if you enjoy spicy food you can add it from the condiments at the self serve bar.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

It lucky for them I like the food because the attitude of the counter person tonight makes me want to go elsewhere.
I have been a customer for 10 years and have spent countless money at Green Cactus. They usually have a sullen, sorry to be there person at the counter. Tonight I spent 70.00 and they forgot the chips. I went back in and the guy had an attitude and argued they gave me chips. They didn't but reluctantly, after defending myself the counter help capitulated and gave me chips. How cheap are they there? I'll tell you, I always have to buy a bag as the small free bag is enough for one. What's next - charging fopr the salsa ? Go elswhere