“Delicious Food”

Pentimento Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pentimento Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Stony Brook
Cross street: Route 25A
Port Jefferson, New York
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I come here with my husband for a night out and the food is always really good. The service is good too and are always helpful with any questions we have. I usually get the half order of food its always plenty of food. Last time we went my husband got the veil porterhouse and it was amazing.

• Visited May 2014

Nesconset, New York
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to returning to a favorite restaurant after a long break. We ate outside where the setting was very nice. The hostess and young staff were very friendly. Our appetizer salad was pretty good although it needed a bit more dressing. For dinner my husband had a pasta that was suppose to have a creamy based sauce ...no sign of any cream! My dish was also a pasta. I chose mine with shrimp and zucchini and cherry tomatoes. The pasta was over cooked and I didn't see any zucchini. Even the sauce was bland. I should have sent it back . I never write bad reviews, but who was in the kitchen cooking?

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bcar1122
Stony Brook, New York
“Great atmosphere- food and price have started to decline”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Has been one of my favorite local spots- of which there are not many in the neighborhood. Went to dinner over the weekend and the food was bland (specials- skirt steak and salmon) - everything about it was average- and for a $30+ entree I expect a higher quality tasting dinner. Service is always great - but not sure that makes up for it... I would love to go there more often as we always bump into friends and neighbors and it is much closer than going to Smithtown, who has some better restaurants, or Port Jeff which has very few I think are good. Add some flavor to your food and adjust your pricing or you will lose more business- I am not the only local that feels this way!

• Visited June 2014
Mount Sinai, New York
“wish i had room for dessert!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fun, lively venue with excellent food and service. Oysters are like "butta" and the arctic char cooked to perfection. Bread divine and I asked the waiter not to bring me more because it was that good (LOL). worth the price!

• Visited June 2014
Australia
“Family friendly”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We proudly took our 13 month old grandson to this restaurant while babysitting him when his parents were at a wedding in Stony Brook.
The waiters and waitresses couldn't have been more helpful and hurried up the meal to accommodate our grandson's needs.
They obviously like children.
The food was delicious and well presented; the setting was delightful.
The waitress, an attentive and friendly lady, kindly volunteered suggestions about where to visit the next day.
Reasonable prices. Lots of easy parking outside.
We thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014