“Relax, Unwind & Unplug.”

Stony Creek Ranch Resort
Greenwich, CT
“Relax, Unwind & Unplug.”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you are looking for the perfect vacation where you can relax, unwind and unplug; 1000 Acres Ranch in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains is the place to be. A half-hour north of Lake George, NY, in a small town called Stony Creek, you will find this amazing oasis. A summer camp for adults and children, complete with individual cabins that all have a million dollar view. I started taking my teen age boys here years ago. When I said there would be no TV in the cabin they both chimed in “What are we going to do all week?” Fast forward 15 years - I mentioned I was heading up to 1000 Acres Ranch for a dance weekend and both of them said “Not without us you aren’t!” They are 24 years-old now and still talk about the Ranch as the best place on earth. I couldn’t agree more.

Meals are served family style so you get to meet the other guests and the food is like grandma used to make for Sunday dinner. Amenities – horseback riding through the mountains on some of the most picturesque trails I’ve ever ridden or hiked on. In-door & Out-door pool and a Jacuzzi for after riding. The Ranch features a Saloon on sight, The Red Dog, so all you have to do is walk back to your cabin after you dance the night away. Or just sit by the campfire and sing along with Cowboy Ernie. Did I mention the 9-hole par-3 golf course?

If you have never been to a Dude Ranch, you deserve at least a long weekend at 1000 Acres Ranch.

Room Tip: Reserve a cabin! Each cabin has a porch with a million dollar view.
2 Thank EMoonDance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was not sure what to expect. Boy, was I blown away. The Ranch was so relaxing and the staff was like family.Could not wait to ride a horse! Had 3 great rides.The food was great! And what a great time dancing. So many things to enjoy. Can't wait until next year!!!

Room Tip: I had a little cabin facing the river. It had a porch to sit out and enjoy the the view
1 Thank reidsgrammy
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was my first time at the ranch after hearing so many good things. I have to say it was everything I'd heard and more!! The people who run the ranch are accommodating in every way possible!! The food was great, the service was great, the people are great! If you really want a taste of what ranch life is all about, this is the place! You could go horseback riding everyday if you wanted. You can kayak or swim or go into Lake George and shop. You can hike, or just laze around the pool. In the evenings you can hang out in the Red Dog Saloon and listen to music and dance. You will NEVER be bored!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

1000 Acre Ranch was a blast! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots to do! Food was delicious!! I am planning to head back up there in the near future.. Family and pet friendly. Beautiful view from my cabin to the river, great way to wake up.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Cloverbug
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My daughter of 19 years and I stayed overnight for her birthday recently. This was a spontaneous trip. We had "The time of our lives!" It is like you stepped into the set of Dirty Dancing! Traditionally we usually stay at pretty extravagant places but we wanted something, some place totally different. Like no other. We found it at 1000 Acres Ranch and Resort! The old charm is great, you just have to be open minded about it. Lose yourself in simple pleasures for a day or weekend. The staff, ranchers, and chef were all phenomenal. Everyone treated us like we were family! We will stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Working with a small class of 65 seniors at Epping High school in New Hampshire we had the flexibility of going somewhere over night. We stayed 4 days and three nights at 1,000 Acres and I can honestly say that not one of our kids was bored. I'm talking teenagers here, with NO TV or limited connectivity to the internet!
These people were amazing and treated us as if we were the only ones on the Ranch. We enjoyed, Karaoke, smores by the river at night, the pool, volleyball, wiffle ball, kick ball, badminton, hiking and the MOST enjoyable...horseback riding.
The horseback riding was the kids favorites as each day they took us on a different trip and challenged the beginners and intermediates.
The accommodations were decent and the kids didn't complain. The meals here were AMAZING and no one every left the table hungry! I'm pushing the next advisor to bring the next senior class here. What an amazing place!

Room Tip: Stay in Deer Leap.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
lansingburgh, ny
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We visited the ranch twice last year and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had such nice times that we put it at the top of our list for our first summer vacation. This trip was even better! There were some changes in staff that retained strong members while filling gaps that were in need of improvement with new hires. Everyone is friendly, personable and accommodating in every way. The new Chef has elevated the menu and quality of the food, and she was willing to serve us before the stated breakfast hours to cooperate with our early rising habits. This allowed us more time to enjoy the grounds and facility. This is especially true of the barn, where the wranglers are excellent. They are friendly yet professional, and good with people of all ages. The group is well experienced with horses in various ways, and they are always willing to share and teach this information. As a result, the barn is a fun but safe environment. My main suggestion for those that go to Thousand Acres Ranch is bring your camera- it is placed beautifully along the Hudson where nature is as bountiful as the memorable times! You will want to capture both!

Room Tip: All the rooms are GREAT with views of the Hudson River!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 88 in Lake George
The Lodge At Harrisburg Lake
The Lodge At Harrisburg Lake
#1 of 3 in Stony Creek

Been to Stony Creek Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!