“Cockroaches.... Everywhere”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stony Point
Montreal, Canada
“Cockroaches.... Everywhere”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I had trouble finding a vacancy at three other motels/hotels before we were able to make a reservation with Budget Motor Inn. We thought we were lucky we found a last minute place to stay during a busy weekend... we were dead wrong. I now realize that fInding a vacancy in such a great location was an ominous sign.

We did not have great expectations regarding service or quality. Wanted a clean place to sleep for a few hours and leave, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked into a tidy and comfortable room. The carpet was clean and the bed looked neat.

As my friend settled his wallet on top of a the mini-refridgerator, a cockroach was seen scuttling under the microwave. Shocked, we killed it and realized that we were NOT going to have restful night with the Psychological torment of having sleep in a claustrophobic room riddled with vermin hidden in the nooks and crannies of the furniture.

The bathroom was like a nest of roaches. We immediately killed two more roaches in the shower. Roach eggs were visible on the towels. We decided to move ALL our stuff into the trunk of our car and only use the bed as we were dead tired.

We left after 5 hours of sleep. Worst experience ever. This roach motel deserves to be burned to the ground. If you have no concern for your health and enjoy living below the living standards of a modern day hobo - this may be the place to stay. For the rest of us, stay away!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ty S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I am sitting in my car in the parking lot of this hotel because while I was in the room trying to sleep I kept imagining bugs were on me. I was thinking that way because when I first checked the bathroom, I killed a cockroach in the shower. I couldn't use the bedspread because when I pulled it back, I saw what looked to be blood. The wall around the light switch was grimy and the floor was dirty.The towels are thin and worn. The pillows smell like drool and dirty hair. Ick, I will, from now on, read reviews before I rent a room again, and I will recommend that no one give in to the cheap price of this hotel. It is not worth it.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank disgru

Travellers are raving about these Stony Point hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This place is terrible in every respect. The clerk did not speak English and even checking in was a challenge.

The room was furnished with ancient chipped furniture and an old TV. A cheap framed print was the only decoration. There was no clock radio, telephone, pen/paper, phone book, guide to the area, coffee maker, or any other typical hotel accoutrement. The wi-Fi was spotty (albeit free). There was also a microwave and fridge. There are no other amenities.

The room was filthy with dirt on the walls and molding. It reeked of air freshener, but that was probably better than the smell it covered up.

The bathroom was tiny, but a little nicer, except for the broken towel rack that had been taped back together. You get a bar of soap and packet of "conditioning shampoo."

On the second night I was there, the sink sprang a leak at 5 am, waking me up and drenching the floor with water. I got the clerk, who, nonplussed, handed me a key to another room. He did not apologize or help move my stuff. The other room was actually cleaner, but still had a cracked sink.

I asked the manager for a refund for the second night when I was driven from the roomin the middle of the night by the flood. She said it was just something that happened that wasn't their fault and refused to give me a refund because they had moved me to another room. This place doesn't care about their guests. They were rude, have dirty rooms that they neither clean between guests or while guests are there (that's right, my room was not serviced in 2 days). They seemed to not even understand why getting women up in the middle of the night and forced to grab my things and move to another room. Might be bothersome.

It's not cheap, either, as I paid $95 per night. Do yourself a favor, heed the warnings on here and find somewhere else.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Brendan S
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Upon arrival we were a little weary of the actual key to the room not a reprogrammable card. We got in our room and it was very outdated, to include: sheets, blankets, mattress, curtains (which were torn) and furniture. It was however clean. Bad part was as we were getting situated, a person from down the hall recommended we check for bed bugs because he had some in the first room they put him in. We checked our room and did not see evidence and did not get bitten by anything. Been in worse rooms but will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not sure they have an elevator, ask for 1st floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ndnontherun
Bernville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I'm not sure that I would consider staying at this particular location even if I was homeless. I might be better off in a heavy duty cardboard box under a bridge. this place was disgusting the only decent thing about it was that the sheets were clean everything else was dirty poorly maintained I was afraid to touch things go somewhere else please

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ignots
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a bottom of the barrel place in a very safe community. Too bad it is not completely razed and replaced with a Holiday Inn Express or something else.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank HylasNY
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

This place is not somewhere to stay ever. Save yourself and stay at a hotel in Nanuet instead. It is just a 20 min ride from Stony Point. You will be happy you did. The hotels in Nanuet are nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2011
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
Gilmor Sloane House - Stony Point Center

Been to Budget Motor Inn? Share your experiences!