“Hidden Treasures on the Menu”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blu Fig of Stony Point
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Stony Point
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I have had the chicken parm a few times. It is fine but not a standout and not what makes this eatery worth a trip to. You have to delve a bit deeper into the more esoteric choices to appreciate just how truly tasty and well prepared the selections are. I highly recommend the Southwest Shrimp salad. The cajun shrimp have a nice bite balanced perfectly by the sweetness of the dressing. The avocados were luscious, as was the corn and red roasted peppers. We ordered take-out and rounded out the meal with humus (a wonderful rich and creamy preparation) and the Seared Tuna and Spanakopita. The spinach was delicious and the flaky dough was excellent. The tuna, which I have ordered many times is always perfectly dead rare in the center with a nicely seared (just as advertised) crust. The garnish has a little lovely tang to it.

I can also give high marks to the Vegetable pizza. I am a meat pizza guy and would not ever consider vegetable pizza but my girlfriend likes it so I thought I would take the bullet. It was no sacrafice. The vegies were awesome. I order Veggie pizza on my own now and gladly freeze what isn't eaten. The beets are great and the rice pudding is very good but I have seen some variations in consistency on the pudding. If you are thinking of trying Blu Fig get a little adventourous and go out on the culinary limb. Try the Imam Bayaldi for instance (really amazing) and stay away from the standard fare (though I admit - the chicken wings are very good). I live within ten minutes and the delivery service time is always quoted as 30 to 40 minutes yet they invariably show up in 15 to 20. Wonderful!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nothing fancy but very good pizza and specially salads. Good food with large portions at a good price.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I brought my daughter here for dinner which we do every Wednesday night to different places and we were both disappointed. We both had fish, she had the salmon which was over cooked and almost smelled rotten. I had the fish and chips, the chips "French fries" were very good and fresh, but the fish was hard as a rock. We also both ordered the Caesar salad which had almost no dressing. The waitress came to the table once to take our order, once to bring the food, and once to bring the bill. I dropped my fork and a bus girl almost threw a new one at me, not very nice for sure. The decor is non existent with basically white walls and tables. Will never go again

1  Thank DagFam