“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Somerville, New Jersey
“Very nice hotel.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

While it looks very much the usual 3 story hotel from the outside, the inside is very nice, clean, with a huge atrium. Bar, restaurant, etc. The room was a little small, but that did not impact the quality of the stay at all. No tub, but that did not affect us in the least. The room looked recently redone, very clean, fresh with a very nice flat screen. Check in was quick and easy. Even got complimentary drinks at the bar for my wife and I. Stayed here while visiting someone at the very nearby Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern.

Room Tip: Ask for something facing away from the highway. You may not be able to hear it but I didn't want...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We do offer a few rooms with a bathtub if needed next time. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Bob Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I booked this hotel as I wanted an overnight stop on our drive from Cape Cod to Washington. I was aware that the hotel was outside of the town and on a business park and therefore, as we were arriving on a sunday night, we were not expecting very much of this hotel.
What a pleasant surprise. Check in was smooth and efficient. The room was very nice with a window that opened (always pleasant). At dinner we had the special which was one of the best meals we have had for a long time.
All in all a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the outside
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear John G,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We are so thrilled that you were so suprised and enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Long Island
Reviewed 8 November 2013

What a gorgeous hotel! Beautifully modeled, tastefully decorated, clean, this was an honest to goodness awesome stay. The rooms had Keurig machines, but didn't have refrigerators or microwave ovens, which was my only vice. The bathroom didn't have a shower door, which I thought was weird, but it wasn't necessary for its function. Just absolutely beautiful and upscale. I think I had my best night's sleep there. The mattress was so incredibly comfy and I had emailed the hotel directly to ask what kind of mattresses they used, so I can get one for home. We also ate in the hotel restaurant and I recommend the Crowne Plaza burger, it was so yummy! The restaurant manager was very accommodating to our large party at both dinner time and breakfast. I would love to stay in this hotel again if I'm ever back in the area. And I suggest that you give this place a try too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Melanie b,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We currently have select upgraded rooms with refridgerators and micowaves. Next time you stay with us, please ask about the upgrade. We also have additional ones that can be brought to your room on request. I apologize this was not explained to you. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.
wayne
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed the weekend for a convention with meals included. The decor is modern. Very clean and crisp and nicely decorated. Very clean. The food was superb. Beautifully presented and delicious.

I would make sure you request a room with an outside view otherwise your window overlooks the lobby. Especially on the first floor there is no balcony and people are actually sitting right outside the window. Plus there is no outside light. Initially I was given a lobby-view room and I requested a room change.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Supererrn
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the comments. I agree that the food here is the best! We still have requests for the interior rooms. I believe it depends on one's own perference. We look foward to you staying with us again.
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had a comfortable stay at this hotel while on a girl's weekend outlet shopping trip with a friend. I realized when I returned home that I had forgotten a small bag holding several items, including an ipad. The housekeeping staff headed by Angele were wonderful. They turned the bag in with all items intact and the hotel management sent the bag out that day. I was grateful for their honesty and impressed with the concern they showed in their efforts to return my bag. This hotel and staff has my highest endorsement!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank katthoms
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. I am glas that you have received all of your items. We look forward to your return visit.
Thank you.
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had stayed here a few times when this was the Holiday Inn Suffern and our experiences were average. The only reason we had reconsidered this hotel is when we saw it had upgraded to a Crowne Plaza with major renovations.

Positives: Upon checking in we received a free upgrade to a nice suite (thanks friendly front-desk staff). There were complimentary drinks in the lounge area; soda and water. The workout room was not bad, but would have preferred a not so complicated cable system machine. The beds were very nice, and enjoyed the "little spa package" of lotions, etc.
The renovated rooms were very clean, and liked the "newness" of it all.

Negatives: This is what really made what would have been a great stay immediately turn into a not so great stay...we were woken up quite early by the sound of people walking by our rooms with their luggage and hotel staff pushing carts of cleaning supplies/other by our room. We were in a room which faced the HUGE lounge area. There used to be a pool there, which has since been filled in and converted to quite a beautiful lounge area..but the problem is, it is loud at night and well...I described our unwelcome wake-up call. No way around this but to get a room that does not face the lounge area.
The free continental breakfast could be made a little more filling and healthier. What was put out there felt like an afterthought.

Still do like the convenience of this hotel off the highway, and the price was average for the area.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms that face the huge lounge area...will have a hard time going to sleep if a light sle...
Green Features: Glad to see there was recycling in the room, thanks!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are now closing the atrium area in the evening ut we need to look at what time we are opening in the morning. Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here with our dog for 2 nights. We showed up 3 hours before check in time, and they managed to have to room ready for us in less than an hour.
The room was very clean and comfortable, quiet and spacious. It did lack a mini fridge though, very strange.
It has a lot of space around to walk the dog (although we were not allowed to go through the lobby with him, but we had to use a different door).
Overall, a very nice hotel with a lot of facilities, and a very nice stay. I would make the dog policy a little less strict though, and definitely add a fridge in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We do have refirgerators upon request for those rooms that do not have one in them. I apologize if it was not explained to you at check in but dogs are not allowed in the atrium for health code policies. We do serve food in the atrium. We do look forward to your return visit. Thank you.
Bob Wilson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!