“I Wouldn't Go Back...”
Review of The Barnsider Tavern - CLOSED

The Barnsider Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Ate lunch here last Saturday with a party of 11. The place was busy but not packed, there was no wait for a table but the table wasn't wiped down, we waited around 10 mins for menus, another 10 mins to give drink orders, another 15 mins to receive said drinks... not a good recipe for a party with a lot of kids. The food was edible except for the pizza, which was big but not good (I should say however that the kids at the table didn't complain about it). The best dish was the french onion soup. I wouldn't come here again, I think I'd rather drive a little further away from the orchard and eat a chain or something.

24  Thank capples19
There are newer reviews for The Barnsider Tavern

Reviewed 16 September 2013

First time and last place we will choose to eat in the future. I agree with another review that
The vegetables are from frozen bag, thats for sure! my son asked steak that is half meat/ half fat / fries was ok but $18 for a dish like that...no thnx. Such little portions for appetizers and the waitress is so unhappy and not friendly at all, doesn't look to your face or responds from kids questions. Messy and dirty bathroom + it doesn't take Amex! Too many bad at once, not good!

23  Thank villasba
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Was here on a Sunday at noon. Only one other table occupied so the service was great. Basic pub fare, crispy fries, a nice Cobb salad, homemade apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla. What's not to like?

4  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife and I went for lunch on Sunday 5/19. We have been going here off and on for 20 years. Sunday may have been the last. We had a coconut shrimp appetizer. I have modest expectations, I know some of this stuff is a frozen product, but there were so overcooked even the shrimp were hard. 4 for $9.95? Get a grip. I had the cuban snadwhich, as you can;t mess that up and it was ok. My wife ordered a bacon and swiss quiche with a side salad. It is clear it is bagged salad. That is sad when a place stoops that low. The quiche was almost as flat as a pancake, and very greasy. My wife did not even touch it. It clearly was frozen as well. Listen, quiche should be fresh, I will wait, but there were no eggs rising in this thing. Then the server, a lady named Billy had the nerve to say that cash tips are appreciated. We love sugarloaf, and the atmosphere of the place, but the owner needs to look hard at his quality. I'll go back after Gordon Ramsey pays a visit, and wakes the quality up in the Barnsider. Unpleasantly shocked at how poor the quality has become, used to be one of our favorites. Take ownership in your place, please. I will miss going there.

23  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This restaurant has REALLY gone down hill. Stopped there last night for dinner and would NEVER go back to this dive. Diner food is far superior to what you will get at this place. There was a huge rectangular chunk of carpeting that was removed in the dining area exposing a plywood floor. The table was crusty and the food was disappointing. We ordered two glasses of pinot noir and they came in tiny wine glasses at $7 a pop and they don't serve bottles of wine, just glasses. I ordered a turkey club and left hungry. At one time, this was a good restaurant, but times have changed. I will NEVER return. The place is getting crusty. Avoid this DUMP!

22  Thank plasmid