“Bartender Sasha is the best”
Review of Boon by Moldova

Boon by Moldova
Reserve with OpenTable
Boon by Moldova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 120 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Description: Awesome new Moldovan-Romanian restaurant with rustic ,yet modern design ,friendly wait staff dressed in traditional clothing,home cooked meals create a unique restaurant that will have you craving for more. Try the Moldovan sarmale (stuffed cabbage rolls with rice and meat) or indulge in a hot Romanian doughnut out of this world. Whatever your choice, we promise you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to boon had a crazy night. Food is great but Sasha the bartender is excellent. Great prices and dining , dancing floor, the owner is also great.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The first look of the establishment is a happy illusion. The waiters missed orders several times. On top of that, they did not know much about the food they were serving, food which was either not listed in the menus or described poorly.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I actually visited this restaurant twice. First was during dinner, when I have ordered Mititei and Sarmale. The Mititei were tasty, like home but the sarmale dish was... not like home. Mamaliga was very good though! Service was good, Sasha and one Romanian girl have taken care of me and made me feel welcomed - she also specified coming back for the lunch special so that's what I did. I came back on Tuesday for lunch and the restaurant was empty. The waiter was sweeping the floor in the bigger area and did not take care of myself as the night before (it was another waitress). I had eggplant salad, which was good, Ciorba de Perisoare was soooo tasty, Mititei were very good and the final touch, Papanasii, were good as well. The only thing I would improve was the service, specially for my second visit when most of the time the waitress way either staying in the kitchen or cleaning the floor. The bread seemed old on the first visit but at the first visit it was good. I recommend for dinner and lunch, maybe I was just not lucky enough for a good service that day. I missed so bad my home food and definitely was worth visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Pofta buna! I am so excited to have found a good Romanian restaurant in NYC! This place certainly satisfied my cravings for sarmale and mamaliga! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a taste of home. Delicios!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

If you want to have an authentic romanian food , a visit to the Boon( good in translation) is a must.
You must have the small sausages ( mititei) or stuffed cabbage ( sarmale). Enjoy a glass of extremely good and inexpensive romanian wine and you will not regret coming here for a lunch or dinner.
Return for more delicious dishes.

1  Thank silviuh405