“Home away from home”

Ophelia's Garden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Syracuse
Ophelia's Garden Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Syracuse B&B and Inns
Brantford, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Lovely place to stay! Hosts Annie and David were friendly and welcoming. I stayed in the rose room which was full of exquisite antiques with a rose theme. In fact the wholehouse was filled with lovely antique furniture Felt very spoilt with a lovely cooked breakfast everyday and friendly service. Hosts were very helpful with local information and advice. Definitely would like to go back in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Great hosts. Great gardens. Great atmosphere. Great rooms. Old world coziness. Privacy. Peace. Charm. The best B&B I ever stayed in. Quiet neighborhood. A great reason to stay in Syracuse a long time. Paint in the gardens or write in the gardens, or be their to enjoy the calm.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Annie Ophelia P, Owner at Ophelia's Garden Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Hi Jimmy,

What a great review.....we appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again....soon! And hopefully you'll get to meet my Dad on one of your visits.
Aurora
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Nice enough, bit bohemian, clean, quiet park like settingsetting but overall not good value for money relative to Hampton or other chains with reliable Wifi and other amenities. Provided good recommendations for dinner in the Armory.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul L
Tupper Lake, N.Y.
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently stayed at Ophelia's Labor Day weekend and it was a great experience. It was a convenient location to where our family lived, it was spacious, clean and very welcoming. Ophelia and Dave could not have been better hosts. Home cooked breakfast was delicious. We had the good fortune of being able to eat outside overlooking their beautiful yard and gardens and watching the dogs play. An added bonus was being able to sit outside on their portico reading my book and having a glass of wine with my family. This inn is a keeper!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank frosty52
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

We had a really nice experience at Ophelia's last week. The house is fabulous and the surroundings and hosts will make you feel right at home. Annie went out of her way to get us in a room close to last minute. Breakfast was excellent. There are a few neighborhood pubs within walking distance and the only green light on top traffic light in the US is a few blocks away (Irish pride). It was a perfect quiet end to a hectic vacation.

Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this B&B because it had some good reviews and was in an area of the city that I wanted to explore. I was not disappointed in any way - in fact, I can't wait to return. All dealings with Annie on the phone were perfectly pleasant and the greeting when I arrived was very nice. I was put in the French Room, where Annie had turned on the a/c so it would be comfortable for my arrival. The room was completely charming with a very nice private bath just across the hall. I believe I was the only guest that night, but there were lights on in the house and I felt perfectly comfortable. In the morning, Annie and her husband, David, we're cheery and accommodating, and set me up to eat breakfast in their gorgeous garden. I sat there reading the provided newspaper and eating delicious sliced fruit, followed by scrambled eggs and good toast and even some wonderful little scones. I appreciated that Annie and David were helpful and personable but were not hovering. I also liked the fact that breakfast was pretty normal - no fancy baked dishes and fatty foods, just a nice, hearty breakfast. I try to get to Syracuse once every summer and will look forward to my next stay at Ophelia's.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim M
, Owner at Ophelia's Garden Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words....we look forward to your return.
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I dont usually write reviews, however after reading the negative ones about this inn I simply had to. It is easy to notice upon arrival that Ophelias Garden Inn takes pride in the decor and grounds. There are no shortage of breathtaking places on the property to enjoy. One of my favorites is the hammock by the pond where I can relish in the beauty and solitude of my secret getaway spot. Annie and David are a delight and are always making sure I have everything I need. I will be frequenting this historic and enchanting place for many years to come.

Room Tip: The canopy room is my favorite :)