“The Perfect Choice”

Ophelia's Garden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Syracuse
Ophelia's Garden Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Syracuse B&B and Inns
Baltimore
“The Perfect Choice”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Ophelia's was perfect. The garden was beautiful, my room comfortable and peaceful. I stayed in the French Room and was glad to have a private bathroom with a tub. I enjoyed visiting the arboretum across the street. My hosts (and the other guests) were friendly but respected my privacy. Guests should know that the hosts have pets--they are very well behaved and it wasn't a problem for me, but luckily I wasn't traveling with a friend who is allergic to cats. A peaceful and lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank karenbaltimore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Voorheesville, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My best friend and I had the good fortune to select Ophelia's Garden Inn for a 3-day vacation stay as we explored the Erie Canal. The house is beautiful and furnished with exquisite taste, with decorations that are unique, appealing, and perfect in their setting. Our breakfasts were delicious, nutritious, and visually appealing, and our hosts made every effort to ensure that our stay was pleasant. For us, one of the most enjoyable aspects of our stay was the beautiful garden in back: we spent lo-o-o-ong hours reminiscing in the afternoons and into the evening, sitting on the porch and patio and enjoying the absolute peace of the setting. Even in the downpour of rain we experienced one evening, we stayed on the porch enjoying the view, including the deer who strolled along the edge of the yard and into the trees beyond.
My best friend of 60 years has mulitple sclerosis and we found that the gorgeous rooms on the first floor accommodated us perfectly; our hosts, again, were very attentive to our special needs and made this vacation absolutely HEAVEN! I highly recommend this Inn to anyone who enjoys peace, warm hospitality, and a beautiful setting in a location so close to the center of a city.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Western Mass
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Bicycling the Erie Canal, we stopped in Syracuse for an overnight and an additional day. Rain encouraged the extra day layover plus the nicety of the accommodations. The gardens were lovely. The Pass Arboretum is across the street. The house is an antique treasure. Orphelia ("Annie") and Dave are the nicest of hosts. Breakfasts were outstanding. And, if you're lucky, you'll share time with Hugh, Annie's dad, a terrific conversationalist. Be sure to visit Connor's Irish Pub for some good food and one of the best Guinness' I've tasted.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I stayed here for two nights while taking a couple early-morning professional exams in Cicero. I was very glad to find that although the house is in a suburban city neighborhood and easy to find, it is quiet and restful on the property itself. Tucked behind the lush foliage of mature trees on a substantial property, it is well-screened from neighbors. It is definitely a hidden gem. The house was built in 1925 and has beautiful detailing, especially the areas visible from the garden. Across the street the entrance faces is the Pass Arboretum, and Burnett Park is a just a short walk away across an intersecting street at one corner of the property. I love gardens, parks and trees, so it was wonderful for me to return here for relaxation after difficult exams.
The room was large and very comfortable, with a window looking out onto the gardens, one section of which is lit for a lovely night view. Some lightly fragrant peonies from the garden were arranged on a large dresser. With the window open just a bit, I could hear the trickle of the garden waterfall. The owners put a lot of attention into the house and gardens which are fun to explore.
The breakfast was delicious and consisted of several kinds of fresh fruit, half a muffin and coffee cake, eggs to order, orange juice, and great coffee served in the gorgeous dining room looking out over the garden. More fresh-cut peonies also graced this table. The owners were willing to accommodate my unusually early schedule which was extremely helpful.
What I liked best: The garden setting that was visible (and audible) even at night from the bedroom window. Just perfect for me and I really enjoyed it.
What I liked least: The old front door can be a little tricky to open if you are using a key to return in the evening, but once you learn how to do it then it's not a problem.
If I need to stay overnight in Syracuse again, I will definitely stay here if possible.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business