“Had issues but management corrected it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Stratford, Canada
“Had issues but management corrected it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently stayed at the hampton on a business trip to syracuse . Hotel was clean and neat and very quiet , which is something we always look for . Unfortunately we had some issues while we were there .we stayed 2 evenings , but after returning from our business for the day we returned to an unmade room . No towels bed was not made etc. we were very disappointed to say the least . Called to front desk and she was very apologetic . Brought us fresh towels , so we appreciated this . The cleaning staff had reported that we did not want room service . This was not true . The room next to us had a do not disturb sign on it , so I assume they made a mistake . The next morning we were at breakfast , which was very busy. We asked one of the breakfast attendants if she could clean one of the tables off . She said she would but never came to clean our table . Very disappointing again. When returned home I wrote the management about our stay . Ms Egbert was very sincere and told us that she had dealt with her staff about the issues we had encountered . She also reimbursed us for one nights stay . We were very appreciative of this . I realize mistakes happen but the hampton sure corrected their mistakes . Would recommend this hotel to anyone . Thank you ms Egbert .

Room Tip: Stay in the back of hotel . Very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank linda82_12
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
We would like to thank you for your constructive comments about the hotel and the staff. Please know your concern has been passed on to the department managers to raise awareness of the issue.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fairlawn, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is a over nice (new) Hampton Inn which is located close to the freeway. The hotel was quiet and clean. Continental breakfast was included and was adequate. The hotel it is located in a pretty rough part of the city. There are very few restaurants on the block that this hotel is located on but the were some located just a few blocks east towards a shopping mall. There was a restaurant being built right next door. I am sure that will improve the hotel traffic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor!
Cranbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I took my daughter on a trip to see colleges in the area, and we stayed here for one night. Our room was great - very clean and spacious. There are many restaurants in the area to choose from. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor! We share all of our reviews with our staff and they truely enjoyed reading yours.
Orange, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel was clean and neat. Employees friendly. Loved the baked chocolate chip cookies. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Close proximity to good restaurants. They are even building one next store.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I LOVED this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!!!! The rooms were beautiful and clean and so peaceful. We arrived late after an exhausting day, the mints on the bed were the perfect welcoming touch! The breakfast was amazing and the staff was so pleasant. We wish we could have stayed longer!! Thank you Hampton Inn for a wonderful stay!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend in Syracuse recently for some shopping. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in East Syracuse. The hotel offers a very good location in terms of access to major arterial roadways and eating establishments. The overall accommodation was typical of Hamptons visited in the past - very comfortable and large room, great service, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor! We share all of our reviews with our staff.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Aside from the fact that my GPS placed the hotel in the netherworld, about a block away from where it is, we did find the hotel (no thanks to the puny sign out front - I've never seen such a puny little sign for a Hampton Inn - as others have indicated look for the adjacent Chuck E Cheese then turn into the hotel drive just west of Chuck E Cheese - whose sign overwhlems Hampton Inn's).

The wedding we were attending in town unfortunately picked the same weekend as a major old hot-rod show in town - which didn't help room prices at all. The hot-rodders were a well-behaved bunch and quiet ("mature" folks), save for the few who found it necessary to start their engines (hot rod engines not too quiet) at 4:30 in the morning.

The hotel itself was very nice. Looks relatively new and something of an oasis along a not particularly attractive strip of Erie Av. - but not sure there is an attractive strip of Erie Av. Except for the early morning hot-rod start-ups, the place was pretty quiet - far back away enough from the street to avoid much road noise. It is handy to I-690 as well as being on Erie Av - a major east-west road in the city. We came up from the south on I-81 and were surprised when my GPS took us up I-481. We had thought we'd take I-81 into the city. The access from I-481 is quick and easy.

Our room was attractive, comfortable, and clean (for some strange reason, unknown to the front desk receptionist, the only room type in the hotel without a refrigerator and microwave, is the King Sofabed room - the room we had). There's no apparent reason for this lack. There's plenty of room for those two small appliances. So, if you may need to keep food or beverage cold or warm up your pizza, don't get a King sofabed room.

The bathroom was more than adequate, with a forceful shower. My only comment on the bathroom is that Hampton Inn, like many of its brethren, seem to have an aversion to towel racks or towel hooks, leaving one wondering what to do with your damp towels and washclothes. Draping them over the shower rod was hot particularly covenient for using them at the sink.

The bed's mattress was awesome. One of the best best we've slept in. Far better than the Hampton Inn's in Hazleton, Pa, where we spent the previous night.

Breakfast was very good, with a good selection of hot and cold items. In addition to ther standard cold cereal choices, there was granola and raisins available. Hot eggs and cold hard-boiled eggs available. Good selection of rolls, muffins, bagels, etc.

The elevator worked quickly - a pleasant surprise. There is the standard indoor pool (with a lift for wheelchair bound folks) and an exercise room.

Check in was easy and pleasant (aside from the fact that we were early, and since the hotel was full, no rooms would be ready until the standard 3:00 p.m.). Nothing to check-out.

All-in-all - a very pleasant stay - and if we are ever in Syracuse again, we'd stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Thank you for being our guest this past weekend and for posting a review on TripAdvisor ! I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we will have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future!