“Comfy stay at Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Watertown, New York
“Comfy stay at Hampton”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My husband and I stayed here following a concert at the state fair, which the hotel was fairly close to. The bed was comfortable and huge, the room clean upon arrival except for a few sesame seeds on the couch. The flat screen TV was a larger size than most hotels, which was nice. We had the complimentary breakfast in the am, which was adequate (scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles-which we didn't wait in the long line to make, mini muffins, scones, oatmeal, fresh melon and pineapple, apples, oranges and yogurt), although seating was very sparse for the amount of people there. We ended up being taking our food back to our room, as there were no empty tables, which was nice to have a private meal anyway. We were surprised by the lack of mini fridge in the room. I would recommend this Hampton and probably will stay here again next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

When you come in to check in at the front desk it smells very clean. Our room was very nice with a king bed which was very comfortable. It's a brand new hotel and there's is nothing bad to say about it...it's true that the sign is not obvious but besides that we really enjoyed our stay there and next time we'll go back to Syracuse, this will be the place we will stay for sure!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor!
New York City, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn Erie was exceptional. The breakfast and 24/7 coffee was ourstanding. I suggest this Inn for all those whom travel long distances and really want to be comforted in knowing their stay will be exceptional. "Bravo Hampton Inn Erie!"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us.
Riverdale, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We intended to stay at a different property, but it had construction on site making it impossible for us to stay there due to health concerns. We chose this is the second closest for our needs and the price for this location made it the right selection. The location ( is convenient and accessible to major attractions such as the State Fair and Destiny USA. [Note: the sign by the road is very difficult to see, we could see the hotel but passed the small covered sign and needed to turn around). There are a couple of restaurants in the area, though we only used Domino's for delivery one night.

The staff is excellent. We needed assistance on a couple of occasions and we were greeted with friendly, helpful people at every turn. Our refrigerator in the room was so loud it woke me up a few times during the night, but we had medication that needed to be kept cold. We talked to the staff and they maintained it for us, so we could shut the fridge off. The breakfast staff helped with the food allergies in our group and brought food from the back to avoid cross contamination. We'd give the customer service here an A+. The hotel and service are reasons to return; however, we notice that the under construction restaurant that shares the lot with the hotel is going to be a Tilted Kilt, which makes it a less likely family friendly spot for us to return to. We are used to Chili's, Outback, Cracker Barrel, Applebees or other family friendly chains sharing the lot (or immediately neighboring) at Hampton Inn's. We know that Hampton can't control that location, but it will be a factor in deciding where we stay when we return to the area. The staff's excellence may be enough to overcome the concern.

New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I come Syracuse for work occasionally, the fair starts today so my regular hotels were booked. Gave this a try, it's a nice hotel I'd stay again. Staff is friendly, it's clean, free wifi decent rate. Note: it's a little hard to find it's set far back off the main road which is good but they have a tiny sign.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nyc1acc
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor!
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I decided to book this hotel based on price and location. Although it was in a convenient location and easily seen from the highway, I did find the road into the hotel difficult as the sign is low, small and partially covered by a tree. Otherwise, I did find the room very clean and spacious. Breakfast was important, having children with me. I found with other hotels that the eggs didn't taste real and the cheese a bit sour. So that made me nervous but found that these actually were warm, tasted good all around. My kids gave breakfast a 10 because it was clean, not overcrowded and had a good selection of pastries. The employees seemed nice and helpful and not aggravated to help out which was a nice start to each day. I would consider this hotel again and would recommend it to others staying in the area. There is a wonderful mall within 10 minutes and is a great place for kids to play on a rainy day!!

Room Tip: We glimpsed into a 2 King bed room and looked even more spacious.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is located on the outskirts of Syracuse, which didn't matter to us since we just needed a place to rest for one night, but it could be an issue if you're visiting the city center.
The room was very nice and clean, beds were comfortable and bathroom well lit and clean.
The complimentary breakfast was just ok, not a great variety of choices, but acceptable.
We would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor!