“Not a good time”
Review of Wise Guys Comedy Club - CLOSED

Wise Guys Comedy Club
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have to say, that this was probably the worst comedy club I have ever been too. I have been to many. We went there for a birthday party, 10 people came in my party from Ithaca and on a party bus. Of the 10 of us only 3 were feeling good. Your club was recommended and when we arrived, I fell by the bathroom, because of some liquid that was on the floor. Apparently the bartender thought I was drunk. I drink very little, and not very often. We ordered food, and by the way it was great. Then we went down to the club and we were all having a great time. We were excited to see the show and yes we were laughing. Ms. Castiglia came out and she was interacting with our group. So we interacted back. Then she told us if we did not settle down we would be escorted out. Holy Cow, I thought the whole purpose of a comedy club was to laugh. There were no rude commits made or any obscene language, but she felt or thought we were all drunk. Not the Case...Then all of the bouncers came down. Really???!!! After she left the stage Brian came on and said that what just happened was not cool. Some of my friends were upset and went upstairs to get a drink, they were cut off. Why who knows, we had a bus and the staff saw us get off of it, your bartender even committed on it. So there was no reason to cut anyone off. Besides the gentleman who they cut off is 49 years old and only had 4 beers the entire night. I will tell all of my friends about this experience. I personally paid $17.50 a ticket for 10 people to be asked to settle down at a club, and we did not even stay. We left a half hour into the show. It is a joke, and a waste of money. Especially Ms. Castiglia. If she does not want the audience to interact with her than she should not be doing comedy.

2  Thank Giselle S
Wise Guys C, Manager at Wise Guys Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

I'd like to thank you for your review and use this as actually an opportunity to thank our staff for handling the situation as they did, and to be able to reassure our future guests that we will continue to provide a relaxed, fun environment for them to come and enjoy a night out.
We provide excellent entertainment, great food, and a friendly, well-educated staff. We expect that our patrons will be respectful of our comedians, staff and other patrons in return. When someone (or group) conducts themselves in such a manner that others cannot enjoy themselves, then it is our responsibility to remove them, as we had to do in this case.
In New York state, consuming alcoholic beverages is a privilege, not a right. In accordance with the TIPS certification that our staff has gone through, it is up to the server/bartender if they serve someone or not. It is not only their responsibility, but also that of the management/owners to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone in our building. While members of this group may have not had a lot to drink in our building, we can not speak for what they may have had in the party bus or at any other establishment or home before they got to our building. Our staff clearly was concerned for their well being, and deemed it necessary to cut them off, which is well within their rights as a server/bartender.
We stand by the decisions made by our staff on this night. The show (including Carolyn Castiglia who is always a requested, crowd-favorite), and the rest of the evening at Wise Guys continued to be a great night for our other guests.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This comedy club also has a full bar and restaurant. the comedy part is in the basement but they do have an elevator if you need it. Very friendly staff . We have had dinner there at the 201 bistro and it is delicious. they have packages where you can have dinner and go to the comedy show. Dinner is slightly pricey ($15-20 range for the entree) but everything is freshly made and delicious. Its a fun night out!

1  Thank disneydede19
Wise Guys C, Manager at Wise Guys Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

There is nothing better than to see the review from a familiar face. As one of our "frequent laughers", we are pleased that you keep choosing us to be the place you come to to be entertained! Thank you... again!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

So many laughs and so much fun! I would come every Weds if I could. The food is great, staff is friendly, the trivia questions are fun and interesting. Overall, it is just an awesome time. The perfect way to split up the week abd get some fun in!

Thank you for your review. Our trivia night has grown in popularity and has become another reason to come to Wise Guys for a great night out. See you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have been to Wise Guys numerous times. Not only is the comedy great but the food is awesome. After the show there is an amazing magician doing slight of hand tricks.

1  Thank GF66
Wise Guys C, Manager at Wise Guys Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Wise Guys. We truly appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Nice bar area to hang out in before or after the show. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food.
The show area is in the downstairs (felt like the basement). But it was really a cool atmoshere. Not too big, so interaction between comics and audience was able to take place...no matter where in the room you sat. No bad seat in the house. A nice, intimate setting. Drink service was excellent throughout the show.
The comedians we saw were great.
The band that played in the lounge before the show was also great.
I recommend going here for a nice night out. We walked here from our restaurant (Pastabilities) and then still had time to check out other local night spots after the show.
We, too, went to the new comedy club in the "Destiny" mall. Like a previous poster said, it is a completely different experience. Nice, but different. Not intimate at all and wait service was, well, you wait longer at the new place.

1  Thank Mariago13
Wise Guys C, Manager at Wise Guys Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We truly do appreciate your input and look forward to welcoming you back again soon (perhaps for dinner this next time as well!).