“Unique spot in 'cuse”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped here early on a Thursday night and there were surprisingly a lot of other diners. The menu isn't extensive but everything is fresh and locally sourced. I had a quiche and some chili, both of which were average but nothing spectacular. The best part of the meal was the Mayan hot chocolate, which had a great kick but was not overly spicy. Would definitely come back for the coffee/drinks.

There are newer reviews for Sparky Town

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Menu focussed on doing a few things (mostly soups, salads & sandwiches) very well, rather than trying to be all things to all people. Stellar service too, attentive without being intrusive; laid-back without being invisible.

I had the Jocko sandwich, grilled tempeh on Ezekiel. It was quite good, almost verging on very good thanks to an amazing sun-dried tomato spread. My travel companion had a broccoli quiche, a generous portion that was perfectly seasoned with very good pastry crust.

They have a small selection of local beers, Middle Ages (a local award-winning brewer) being our choice. Good craft beer that paired well with our afternoon meal.

We visited on a very quiet Saturday around 3pm and nearly had the whole place to ourselves. Not sure how it would be as an evening/dinner spot (they have live music), but to find a funky joint like this in an unlikely neighbourhood might make it a real gem if you don't want to venture to the more happening parts of town.

1  Thank Chattyscrapper
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stopped here for lunch and ate at the counter where we could have a decent conversation with our wait person. The special that day was quesadillas - one of us asked for gluten-free and was given corn tortillas instead of the usual flour tortilla. I had the vegan chili, which was very good. The atmosphere is relaxed and alternative. They have an array of coffees and teas and are very accommodating.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

...and could not have been more pleased. My daughter found Sparky Town on Yelp as we were making our way to the airport. Dropped in, enjoyed a great meal and very friendly service. I told them I'd "Trip Advisor" them when I got home, and apologize for taking so long to get the review done. I'll definitely stop in again if ever in Syracuse...

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love having lunch here--very nice salads, paninis, etc. The vegetarian chili is the BEST. Quiche is popular, but a bit bland for my taste--huge portions, however. Service is charming. I take lots of out-of-town folks here. Will be there twice this week.