“Nice alternative to Sheraton. Close enough to walk to Campus”
Review of Hotel Skyler

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersGold level
Montebello, California
“Nice alternative to Sheraton. Close enough to walk to Campus”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is probably my final review for the Syracuse area hotels, etc since my son transferred to a school in California! I have stayed in Embassy Suites, Sheraton, Residence Inn & Crowne Plaza when I was in the Syracuse area. This time Priceline gave me the Hotel Skyler. It was nice. I had always wanted to stay here because of the free parking & proximity to SU. Our room was huge and though I was not thrilled about being on the 1st floor, it wasn't that big a deal. I like the Eco-Friendly atmosphere. The bar is nice though I did not use it. There is only one minor thing that may not be a deal breaker for most but is for me. There is no coffee maker in the room. Though there is plenty of delicious free coffee in the lobby, I prefer to have a cup before I shower and get dressed. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank E M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ontario
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Skyler. It is a beautiful hotel with a very cozy feel to it. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was amazing, with a waterfall shower head. There is a small bar near the lobby but it is well stocked. Only stayed here one night but the next time I am in Syracuse I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioTravel
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear OntarioTravel,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us! It was a wonderful review to read and share with our staff to enjoy. We hope that you can spend more than one night the next time you are in Syracuse!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect! It is a very clean and well kept hotel. I will be returning next time I'm in the area. The bar is a tad small but it serves the purpose. I love that it's a repurposed building. It has a lot of charm.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Matthew C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed Hotel Skyler and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Skyler for about 2 weeks during a relocation to Syracuse. Staff was very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Our room was large, clean, and stylishly decorated. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Syracuse. It will be the best part of your stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Alicia M,

Thank you for choosing and recommending Hotel Skyler on TripAdvisor! We hope you would visit us just for fun or for few drinks at the Skyler bar/patio. Welcome to Syracuse!

Mirabel, Qc
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel is super good looking, original from the outside, welcoming and cozy from the inside.
Rooms are very nice, beds are very comfy, flat screen TV, nice bathroom also.
The hotel is quiet.
The is a small bar in the lobby.
This building is LEED Certified and everything here is environementaly friendly.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
Parking is free.
Area is safe, clean and quiet. Late night hotel access only possible with electronic card key.
Location is great: steps away from Syracuse University and Upstate Medical University; walking distance to downtown Syracuse (museums, Clinton Square, etc.), short drive to go shopping at Destiny USA or to go the baseball stadium (Syracuse Chiefs).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ben0844,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are honored to be your favorite hotel in Syracuse. Our staff enjoyed your kind comments and looks forward to your next visit!

Embrun, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my favorite hotel in the world as of yet. The quirky, but very clean room made me want to stay in there for longer, rather then visiting the University which is walking distance from the hotel. The reason for our stay in Syracuse was shopping at Destiny USA. We are from Canada. The bed was super comfortable. The staff is very friendly, always spoke in a professional manner. Said hello, goodbye, good morning, good evening, good night as we went by the reservation stand. I think it being a non-franchise really helps the hotel in specializing the 54 rooms. There is a walk-in shower and beautiful bamboo-like tiles. I want this in my bathroom. We prepaid with Expedia at $104 with taxes. To me, that is the best deal, because most hotels don't even have a walk-in shower or a 'suite'-like room at that price and quality.

Room Tip: Room 231 had a king size bed, with a swiveling TV on the wall. Couch. Desk. Walk-in shower. Lots of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear SophieCayer21,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! Our staff really enjoyed reading your wonderful comments. Please visit us again soon!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights in Syracuse over Memorial Day in the US. Cute hotel housed in (believe it or not) an old Jewish temple. 54 rooms. Wonderful, accommodating staff. A special shout out to our super helpful bartender, Philip. Great guy and apparently part time tour consultant. Right near the university. Can't go wrong here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crannogman
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Crannogman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff truly appreciates your kind words. We wish you safe travels, and hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Syracuse.