“Great food, simple setting”

Byblos Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #115 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Syracuse, New York
“Great food, simple setting”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We have had catering from Byblos in the past, so we decided to give it a try in person. It is a little place, looks like it is mainly geared for takeout, there are only a few tables inside, and a couple outside. We decided to sit outside. I ordered a beef kabob, my wife got the pita wrap. We had grape leaves and falafel for appetizers. All of the food was excellent. The service was courteous, but a bit pokey. Overall, since it was a pleasant evening to sit outside and people watch, we didn't mind. Overall, it is worth a try, we will go back again.

• Visited July 2013

Union Springs, New York
“Lebanese Delights”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Saw this little spot featured on Diner, Drive Ins and Dives, so decided to check it out. The menu was extensive, the prices very reasonable and the service friendly and efficient. Tried a bit of everything from grape leaves to kabobs. All very fresh, very good and authentic.Large portions. The place is extremely small and most of the business is take out orders which is how I will roll next time. So glad to find the real deal in Syracuse which is mostly known for pub fair and Italian.

• Visited April 2013
NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Baklava!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We had food delivered to our hotel and chose this restaurant based on the good ratings. We ordered the meat lovers platter, which was essentially a little bit of everything. The falafel was very good. The half and half pizza was seriously to die for and next time that is all we will order along with the baklava. The baklava just melts in your mouth, is buttery, sweet, and cinnamony, with a delicious crunch and softness. Truly the best baklava I have ever had. I would definitely go back next time we are in the area!

• Visited March 2013
Syracuse, NY
“It's really good!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I wish they had a more comfortable, restaurant like interior.
You walk in, place your order at the counter or take a seat and someone will take your order.
Byblos has a couple of tables inside and outside. But honestly, the food is really good.
They make everything for you, right then. It does't take long at all.
I need to get there more often than I do because I think about it all the time. I love the labneh, grape leaves, and kibbeh especially. Its simple but wonderful. You must try Byblos if you like middle eastern food. It seems we always get a lot of food and some to take home for a reasonable price.They have a nice website too: http://byblossyr.com

• Visited August 2012