Jefferson Clinton Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Parkview Hotel(Syracuse)
  • Pool
All reviewsmade to order omeletsarmory squareomelet stationeuro roomchef chrisexecutive suiterubber duckhistoric hotelwithin walking distancelandmark theatervalet parkingfull kitchensmall kitchenettelocation was perfectcookie cuttersitting areabuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

If you need a hotel look no further! This is a wonderful hotel with wonderful people. It's like staying with friends. The accommodations are top notch as well as the staff. After a long day of business or a day of play there is no better place to come back to at night. Don't forget about breakfast with the wonderful made to order omelet you just can't go wrong. I'm spoiled for all other hotels. Can wait to come back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bridget S, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words, Mechelle413. Of course, when we see a familiar face like yours walk in the door, we feel the same way! I'm glad you've felt at home during your stays with us. It's great to read that you've enjoyed our accommodations, and that our omelets have hit the spot! I hope we can welcome you back to Syracuse sometime soon.

Regards,
Bridget, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I'm reluctant to say anything bad about a place where the staff is so pleasant and accommodating, but I do my best to be honest in these reviews.

Good Part: Everyone I talked with was really nice including the desk clerks, the morning cook, the cleaning staff and the maintenance people. The building interior was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast omelette was great.

The Not So Good. The heater was really noisy and whistled most of the night. The refrigerator never stopped running (it was turned to max with the knob removed). I probably slept a couple of hours total through the night. The bathroom had neither heat nor adequate ventilation (it was cold!). The phone didn't work when I tried to call the front desk (had to use my cell phone). The bed or mattress was tilted to one side. The sheets were extraordinarily rough - I had to check to see if there was sand, salt or some other granular substance in them (There was not). For icing on the cake, we were accosted by a rough looking drunkard in the parking lot. Fortunately we were in the vehicle and just locked the doors until he left.

Based on the other reviews of this hotel, I must have been assigned the worst room in the place. My experience is obviously the exception to the apparent rule, but I'll try a different place next time I'm in Syracuse.

PS If there are misspelled words or grammatical errors in this review, please remember I've only had a couple hours of sleep. :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert A
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Robert A,

Thank you so much for being our guest and providing feedback about your stay with us. I truly appreciate the kind words about our staff. Thank you for providing the additional information about your stay; I was able to have the maintenance staff address these issues.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Warm Regards,

Jamie

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family and I stayed at the jefferson Clinton while up in Syracuse for a couple college visits and to see some family. We really liked this hotel. The rooms were great and the staff were very helpful and curtious. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We definitely will stay here again when we come back to visit.

• Stayed: February 2014
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear rachelgianuso68,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stays with us! We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you and your family back the next time you are in Syracuse.

Best Wishes,
Corrin

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel was clean and in a good location, if you have to be in downtown Syracuse. The best thing about the room was the shower. We had an “economy” room and were a bit upset that the curtains were designed to not close completely. This was annoying since we were on a corner and faced directly into someone else’s window. Also it meant that it did not get very dark in the room while we were sleeping. The pocket door on the washroom also did not close entirely.
For a breakfast buffet in a lobby the breakfast was really good in terms of taste and selection of both hot and cold items. Being able to have a fresh omelet was a perk (it was decent, not the best omelet ever).
Downtown Syracuse seemed really desolate when we were there (on a Sunday), but in general we felt safe walking around. We really enjoyed going to the Empire BrewPub (the food was excellent), but our 30 minute wait to get in reflects not only the bar’s popularity but also the fact that nothing else was open.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but next time we are in Syracuse we would probably stay in a chain hotel that costs less money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PT_Duck06
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear PT_Duck06,

Thank you for being our guest and leaving a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to eat at the Empire Brewing Company. Unfortunately sometimes the blackout drapes are hidden quite well behind the decorative drapes, I'm sorry they were not accessible for you. We'd love for you to return and experience one of our suites. Please contact me the next time your travel plans bring you back to Syracuse.

Warm Regards,
Jamie

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Have now made 4 trips to Syracuse and this was my first time staying closer to S.U. rather than the Carrier Circle area. I liked it so much better and at least in February it wasn't too expensive. Definitely ask for an upgrade. I did before hand so when I got there, I was upgraded to a suite. It's not the most modern decor or furniture but it's in good condition and pretty contemporary. Great being in Armory Square and having a place to park the car although I wish they would arrange for covered valet parking. Borrowed a DVD and was offered popcorn (nice touch). Breakfast made to order omelet was delicious. Staff was very helpful and friendly (wrong remote for TV so they had to come up and help to get DVD working). Got me into the room early. I'm such a light sleeper and hotel was quiet but around 5 a.m. I heard either construction or garbage trucks and then never fell back asleep which was a bummer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dabuddy
Steve B, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the nice review and are glad we had the opportunity to serve you. We're happy that you saw SU beat Duke while you were here too! Best regards, Steve Busch