“Charming hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Charming hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Older hotel - but very clean, and really comfortable beds. We were very comfortable, and slept great. A truly great complimentary breakfast includes made-to-order omelets. Next time we are in Syracuse, we will definitely stay at the Jefferson Clinton again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L S
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear L S,

Thanks for being our guest and taking the time to review the Jefferson Clinton Hotel! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely hope your travels bring you back to Syracuse. Looking forward to your next visit!

Best,
Bridget Saroff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Geneva
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I wanted a date night, so we booked this room (executive suite) the day we arrived. Drove to Syracuse, did some errands and checked in at ~4pm. Much to our pleasant surprise, on Tuesdays they have a free buffet until 7pm! Pulled pork, sweet potato fried "cubes," shrimp cocktail with sauce, freshly cut veggies, wine, soda, fruit infused water, coffee, and teas. The latter two and infused water are always in the lobby. We hada small snack and were greeted by a manager who gave us dinner suggestions. We went to Pastabilities---outstanding. Returned to our room, clean, nicely appointed, full kitchen(needed for our leftovers from dinner), sitting area with couch, desk, flat screen tv, free wi-fi, very, very comfortable bed, older style tv, extra linens, pillows and blanket. Free breakfast with omelet station. Free parking, own and valet. Will definitely return. Staff was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank uncledoc4
Dear uncledoc4,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a kind review here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great evening out in Syracuse.

There's so many great restaurants in Armory Square- you'll just have to come back and stay with us again to try them out!

Best,
Bridget Saroff
Hudson Valley NY
Reviewed 20 March 2014

An old-school charmer of a hotel convenient to everything in the downtown area. My room, tastefully decorated, was one of the most spacious I've ever stayed in for a single bedroom. The breakfast each morning was very nice and the omelet station was a welcome touch. The staff were very helpful and did a great job. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank HudsonValleyMan
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear HudsonValleyMan,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting such kind words on TripAdvisor! We have passed these onto the staff and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Once again its that time of year and we are looking forward to our weekend excursion at the Jefferson Clinton for the annual Syracuse St. Patrick's Day Parade. Although the weather outlook appears a bit bleek, we know the staff at the Jefferson Clinton will be there to keep us warm and happy. Last year the staff was outstanding and the accommodations were world class at a modest price. Drive up Valle service and complimentary continental breakfast are just a few of the added bonuses you can anticipate at this facility. So if your looking for a wonderful place to stay on a weekend get-a-way, traveling on business or just want a cozy place to stay for the night, please call the staff at the Jefferson Clinton. You will not be disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
Dear Steve W,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! I hope that despite the chilly weather you were still able to enjoy the parade & all of the festivities for St Patrick's Day weekend! We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

ct
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were traveling by car on business/ getaway my husband and I. We love to stay at Historic Hotels of America . This hotel has that designation. The reviews I read were good so I booked a room 2 hours before checking in on a Friday night.. Happy to see a private parking lot beside the hotel. Found out they did not have a restaraunt for dinner but we were pleasantly surprised to see we were located on the historic Armory Square. There were many , many choices all within walking distance. The hotel did not miss a beat with function or service . Spacious king suite to hang out in . Complimentary DVD movies of the most recent titles. And popcorn. Fluffy towels and bedding . Decor was very tasteful and up to date. Coffee in room before going down to a full breakfast that included an omelet station . We could not find one negative thing.

Room Tip: If you want to hang out and have a couch and chair in your room mention that. Not all suites include...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gypsy5961
Dear gypsy5961,

Thank you for being a recent guest with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in being a member of Historic Hotels of America as there is a lot of history not only in the hotel, but in the whole Armory Square area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After staying in a few different Syracuse area hotels, I must say the Jefferson Clinton is the best value for your money. My most recent stay was the last weekend of the Winterfest Celebration. We travel in a group from PA every year for this event and the hotel staff is always incredibly kind and accommodating. The location is perfect as just about every bar, restaurant, and specialty store is within a 5 minute walk. The lobby is beautiful and neatly appointed. Newspapers and magazines from local to national were available for all to read. It was very clean and had a very "home like" feel which made our time sitting there quite comfortable. The room was also very clean and spacious. It came with a fridge, stove, and sink which was very convenient. The bed was comfortable and clean, as was the rug and bathroom. The heat and air conditioning worked very well. I set the AC to max and even though it was February, our room was like an ice box. My room mates attempted to switch to heat after I had fallen asleep, but I was on to them and took it back to meat locker mode around 3 AM. The ONLY thing that was negative was the fact the room next door was having a party and the noise transferred easily to our room. If traveling for business I may have asked to switch, but since we too were in party mode we just decided to head next door and join them. Sunday morning a free breakfast is provided in the lobby. There was a great selection of drinks both hot and cold, cereals hot and cold, fruits, yogurts, bagels, various breads for toasting, scrambled eggs with cheese, and sausage. The true gem of this breakfast bonanza was Chef Chris and his made to order omlette. There were at least 20 different items to choose from and he quickly combined my choices into honestly one of the most delicious omlettes I have ever eaten. He was also a cool, funny guy. I must also recognize one of the kindest, sweetest, most down to earth woman I have ever met. Sabrina Davis, you are golden, girl! My companion awoke not feeling well and went down to the lobby very early Sunday morning so not to disturb the rest of us in the room. Ms. Sabrina took her under her arm and helped to get her feeling better with genuine care and compassion. She truly went out of her way, and above her job description to make my partner comfortable. Thanks again Sabrina, and I can't wait to hear your stand up routine! ;) I wish I could remember the name of the tall gentleman who worked the desk Sunday. He was great helping stow our luggage as our bus did not arrive until well after check out. That too was a big help. Overall, I find it very difficult to find any serious negatives about this place. And believe me, I am the groups resident curmudgeon. If there was something to complain about, I would find it. I highly recommend the Jefferson Clinton for it's excellent location, tasteful decor, and truly genuine, caring staff. You will definitely make this your go to hotel In Syracuse after one visit. Kudos to all at the JC!!! I look forward to staying again soon!

Room Tip: I have stayed on three different floors on three different occasions and have never had an issue wit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NEPAwanderer,

Thank you so much for the kind words on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that you were guests with us during Winterfest and that there was actually snow for it this year. We have shared your comments with the staff (coincidentally, the tall gentleman on Sunday night is also named Chris) and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

If you need a hotel look no further! This is a wonderful hotel with wonderful people. It's like staying with friends. The accommodations are top notch as well as the staff. After a long day of business or a day of play there is no better place to come back to at night. Don't forget about breakfast with the wonderful made to order omelet you just can't go wrong. I'm spoiled for all other hotels. Can wait to come back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bridget S, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Mechelle413. Of course, when we see a familiar face like yours walk in the door, we feel the same way! I'm glad you've felt at home during your stays with us. It's great to read that you've enjoyed our accommodations, and that our omelets have hit the spot! I hope we can welcome you back to Syracuse sometime soon.

Regards,