“Unparelled at price......but bring headphones”

Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Washington
“Unparelled at price......but bring headphones”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I needed the break up a long trip and to get off the road during an evening thunderstorm, so I took my chance on Red-Roof and again was pleased. The rooms were clean, modern and bare bones. The traffic noise was excessive, even for a sound sleeper such as I. That said, traffic noise is standard at an interstate motel at this price.....next time I'll bring headphones. Either way, it's a good value and is now on my list of roadside options.

Room Tip: Bring headphones and enjoy the stay!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. At Red Roof Inn we believe in providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests at a rate that affords excellent value. We constantly strive to represent our property in a manner that exceeds our guest’s expectations. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hebrew first
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were passing through NY. We had the Superior King room on the second floor. Check in was a breeze and we found the staff at the front desk to be efficient and friendly. Upon entering our room, we found it to be clean throughout with the exception of several black hairs on the bathroom floor. The bed and pillows were comfortable for us and we found the linens and towels to be sufficient. The fridge and microwave were clean and wifi worked fine albeit a tad slow at times. Getting to sleep at night proved to be somewhat difficult because of the noise level from the surrounding roads and from reversing trucks at a nearby business (think beep, beep,beep....every 15 mins or so). I know it's not the fault of the motel for noise outside but if you are a light sleeper or just enjoy silence as you try to sleep, this may not be the place for you. It took me several hours to fall asleep and I woke up more exhausted than when I went to sleep. The room rates are very reasonable and honestly, if I could handle noises at night, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank snowzone1973
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the noise issues that you experienced during your recent stay. When they build our inns, they consider location for convenience to our guests. However I don't think that the road noise is taken into consideration. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations. But we do hope that you will consider giving Red Roof Inn another try in the future.
Hinsdale, NH
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I almost feel I shouldn't review this Red Roof, but since I'm doing all others recently stayed at, I can't leave this one out. It's tough to be partial about this one though.....to many of us in the dog community...there is ONLY one place to stay in Syracuse...that's with Cam and staff at this Red Roof. She always remembers her guests and bends over backwards to see you have a pleasant stay.
We always get the business king room and it's a good value , especially when you consider that there's no pet fee. We've stayed at some Red Roofs that are lucky enough to have better looking scenery than you'll find at this one, but the friendliness of the front desk and housekeeping staff make up for it.

Room Tip: Being close to the thruway makes for fast getaways, but ask for the back side if you are a really li...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DocsWorld
Thank you so much for your glorious review of our inn. Cam is definately an asset to our staff, and we are very lucky to have her. I will be sure to share you feedback with her, and the rest of my team. It lets them know that their hard work is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Staff smoking outside of lobby on several occasions (supposedly smoke free facility). TV, counters, picture, carpet all dirty. Room not cleaned without asking. Intermittent rattling noise in wall. Obstinate front desk staff. Public ice machine and microwave disgusting. No coffee or hot water in lobby during day. Outside of building run down. One side of motel very close to highway - bring earplugs. After 3 bad Red Roof experiences across the country we are never going to stay at one again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BLSmith45
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. Comments like yours are not easy to hear, but it does help us to focus on the areas that need improvement at our inn. At the current time, we are under renovations. This will include updating the lobby and the exterior will be painted. With the renovations, our rooms are 100% smoke free, however the facility itself is not. We do have to allow our smoking guests the right to be able to smoke on the grounds. We are in the process of setting up a couple of designated smoking areas on the property. I am very sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way. I can assure you that we do take our guest's feedback very seriously. Therefore, we do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
SE, MI
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My friend and I were attending a dog show in Cortland over the weekend and this facility was less expensive and more pet friendly than any places closer to the show. They don't charge an additional pet fee which is great!
The rooms were either new or in the process of updating. The flooring was mostly laminate which was great and no worries about what else had been on the floor before! They have converted to all NON-Smoking but it seems that some people still don't care. Our room was new but the odor of smoke was just overwhelming. The fact that the last person lost their cigarettes under the bed and the housekeeping staff didn't clean under it was a little concerning, one of my dogs found it and brought it out. Hopefully my report to the front desk will upgrade the cleaning.
Be nice if these facilities had more high tech smoke detection devices to keep folks honest. It just spoils the stay for those of us who do NOT smoke!
The staff was very friendly and overall the property was clean and had plenty of grass to walk the dogs! The location off the highway and the availability of restaurants, gas stations, grocery, etc was great!

Room Tip: If you are a little noise sensitive ask for a room on the back side. Although this is right off the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us in Syracuse. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our new rooms. Once the renovations are completed, we will be 100% smoke free. However, at times, our guests do take it upon themselves to smoke in the rooms anyway. I am very sorry to hear that my housekeeping staff did not address this issue prior to your arrival. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn, and I do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Bridgeport, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I visit my cousin who has stayed here & found it very neat & clean. Very simple, but efficient. Small fridge, Microwave, & lock box. Perfect for home away from home. Very reasonable prices, too! Denny's is right across the street & Dunkin Donuts w/in walking distance. Conveniently located off the thruway (I90) as well as close to other attractions in area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are always happy to hear that we have impressed our guests. Positive feedback helps to let our staff know that they are doing a good job, and that their hard work is appreciated. We do look forward to your next visit with us.
Carthage, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was traveling to Syracuse for the weekend and usually stay at Embassy Suites. However, with trying to save money I decided to check out the Red Roof Inn. The regular rates I saw were $74.00 per night. I had downloaded the "hotel coupons" app on my iphone. The coupon CLEARLY states $49.99 per night valid thru 3/1/13 to 6/15/13. NO exclusions such as can't use on weekends. It just says to present coupon at the desk and have them use VP Promo code of 503654, which I did. The girls at the desk were very nice, however had NO idea how to use the coupon from the app. I explained that it is an online coupon from the hotel coupon app, and they just needed the code. Someone who was not working at the moment, but sitting in the corner yelled out to the girls at the desk that it has to be printed. I tried to explain that it was and ONLINE APP coupon not a PRINTABLE coupon and all they needed was the code (I use these all the time and have never had ANY issues, until now). I even went online today and tried it myself with the coupon/code and it showed the SAME room I have now for $49.99. However, now I can't cancel this reservation and make a new one. Nor, do I feel I should have to go through the hassle to do that. It would have saved me $50. The room itself was nice and very up to date, however I feel that they should have honored my coupon that I presented upon check in. Hotel is going through construction and it is very loud during the day. I would say that if your company/hotel is NOT going to honor coupons from an online app you may want to let them know so they can take this hotel off the list!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us in Syracuse. I am very sorry that there was some confusion with the coupon app for your phone. I was not aware that we were participating in this program, as it has been recently added to the coupon site. If you would like to contact me, with some additional information, I would be more than happy to make this right for you. Your satisfaction is our top priority.