“I Thought It Was a Good Deal”

Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 26 July 2014

There was mixed reviews for this place, and I hestitated a little bit, however, I'm glad I decided to give it a try. Yup...its not the Waldof, however, it was clean, and very spacious. I got a great rate compared to other hotels in the area. Now understand, this does not have coffee makers in the room or other devices, nor does it have a great breakfast, but I thought it was really good value for the money. I was going to the airport in the morning and this place was about 5 minutes away. You could stay closer, or even at the airport, but you will pay double. I thought for the lack of a coffee maker, a hair dryer and an ironing board......I'll take the half price room.

Room Tip: the rooms are huge but very dated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin P
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us in Syracuse. At the present time, we do not offer a breakfast at our inn. However, we do offer coffee and tea in the lobby area 24 hours a day, and there are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. At the Red Roof Inn, we strive to give our customers clean, comfortable rooms, at reasonable prices. So, it is encouraging to know that we succeeded during your stay. At the present time, we do offer a Superior King room that has a coffee maker in the room, as well as a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, microwave and mini refrigerator. So, it is available if that is more suitable to your needs. On that note, please know that we do have some items available at the front desk, upon request as well. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I used to live in Syracuse, so know my way around. If you're there to visit SU or downtown, but of a drive, not that convenient. Front desk clerk was very helpful, value quite good. I've stayed here before and am comfortable here. But mostly just come back to sleep. Clean, quiet. Location drags it down a bit, and could use a bit of sprucing. Otherwise, might give it 4 for personal taste, but think a three with no real complaints is fair for a first-time visitor.

Room Tip: Fairly consistent throughout on noise. Staff good about giving you a room "away" from othe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We really appreciate when our guests share their feedback with us. It is essential in our learning process, and in growing our business. It's nice to know that we can make you feel comfortable while you are away from home. We are actually only 15 minutes from the Syracuse University area, and 10 minutes from Downtown Syracuse, and the Destiny USA Mall. We take pride in giving our guests clean and comfortable rooms. So, it's nice to know that we have achieved our goal during your recent stay. We do hope that you will visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is simple, well locate with easy access to highway and Syracuse University. The room could have use a little bit more detail cleaning but overall it was clean. The rooms look like they were recently updated. The front desk staff was helpful and very nice.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel after our renovations, as well as the service that was provided to your by our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. I see that you were in to visit the University area. We do hope that the next time that you are in the Syracuse area, that you will take the time to see some of the other places that our area has to offer. Like Destiny USA Mall, Green Lakes State Park, or maybe just some of the excellent dining establishments in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel seems recently renovated.

We had a superior king on the third floor that was very clean, comfortable and spacious for the walk in price ($65+tax).

Wifi worked well.

Free parking.

A good option when stopping along the thruway in Syracuse. If they are full there are a few other hotels near by.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HojasRojas
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Syracuse. We were actually renovated in 2013, and we work very hard, every day, to keep the rooms in top running order. We are happy to hear that you tried one of our Superior King rooms with the in room coffee, large work space, and small microwave and refrigerator. They are our premium rooms, and honestly the best value. We are conveniently located off of the NY State Thruway, for people that are just passing through. However, we are also just minutes from Syracuse University, Downtown Syracuse, and the Destiny USA Mall for shopping. We hope that next time you visit us, that you will have more time to see the sites.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I try to stay at a red roof when ever I travel. The friendly staff and clean rooms. fridge, microwave, coffee maker, free wi-fi and nice beds. It was a great location to activities and places to eat..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Syracuse. We are conveniently located to Downtown Syracuse, Destiny USA Mall, and some great local shops as well. We always enjoy hearing from our customers, and sharing the feedback with our staff. We do hope that you will come and visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel now for at least two years. Every time, I arrive for check in the evening receptionist, (lady with the short hair) try to get me to pay more than they advertised. This happens every time and is the only hotel I repeatedly have to do this with. I never book online but I always check their prices and keep data. Arrived on Monday June 23th and the receptionist claimed $60+ per night. I took out my phone and showed her what they were advertising and she insist they do not follow hotel deals (its on their own site). I had to book from outside but would not accept info so I had to use the hotel phone to book my room for -$50 a night. She should be able to book a client in at the advertised rate especially since it was through their own company not other hotel deal site. Just having to deal with her and having to wait 15 min. on the phone for their company just seem totally ludicrous to me. These unnecessary confrontation make me want to look in to staying at other places. Having driven the whole day to get to my destination, I would prefer a smooth check-in. The actual hotel is clean and comfortable for the price which is why I kept returning but after the last time I think I will look into staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacey A

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, but they help us to improve our business practices and our necessary to grow. I do apologize for the inconvenience. However, there are some promotions that are run online that we do not have access to at the property level. These are generally discounts that are offered for booking online. I am very sorry that this was not properly communicated to you at the time of check in. I can assure you that I will look into this further, and I do hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights and paid $50 per night or so. Lacking some amenities but the value and cleanliness was right on point. Staff was also very friendly and helpful. There were also some local Italian restaurants within walking distance. There was also a Denny's and a Dunkin Doughnuts within walking distance too if your in to that kind of thing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdillwo

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback about your recent stay with us. At the Red Roof Inn, we strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It sounds like we achieved our goal during your stay. If Joey's Italian, next door, is not your first choice, we do have a strip of restaurants within a 5 minute drive from the inn. As well as excellent shopping ideas. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.