“Delicious and fun”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Canastota, New York
“Delicious and fun”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My Husband and I have been a couple times now and dinner was great both times. My most recent time going we had such a delightful time I had to give a review. My husband ordered a steak and I ordered a seafood linguini dish with shrimp and scallops and fresh tomato sauce. Both dishes were amazing, steak cooked perfectly and scallops melted in my mouth. Our friendly and boisterous waiter talked us into some gelatos after the meal too, limoncello and coffee. Both were creamy and so tasty and came in the perfect portion. The atmosphere is quite loud in there but I thought it was fun with all the families and friends having such a good time and enjoying amazing food. I'm not from an Italian family but I felt like I was as I ate my delicious Italian food that night.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank cattymay

“Good food and service, but expensive.”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have eaten here a number of times, both for lunch and for dinner. The staff are exceptionally friendly and professional. The food is very good, but a little overpriced for what you get. The atmosphere is nice for a business lunch or for a night out with friends, but it gets loud at night.

The pasta dishes are very good, if a bit on the salty side. The steaks are excellent. The desserts are quite good too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SaviorPeacock
Dallas, Texas
“Good in every way possible”
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Eating is a total experience. What a nice transformation as this spot has been a few things over the years. This is here to stay. The people are awesome, the food is simply excellent. Appetizers...very tasty , and the pasta entrees are perfectly prepared, served and and are delicious.. It's a great atmosphere as well. I am very happy to see this neighborhood place thriving. Reasonable in price...fair wine list add to the night. You pay more somewhere, and be far less pleased.

Brockville, Canada
“Mamma Mia!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Base on TA reviews, we tried Attilio's this past weekend for the first time and have discovered a real gem in Syracuse. Upon entering we were a bit concerned for a minute as it looked like a Pub atmosphere (a nice on mind you) with large bar and a few tables, but then noticed the entrance to the dining room which was lovely.
After being seated, they started with freshly baked bread along with oil and spices - mmmm good!
We started with the fried asparagus - lightly seasoned batter and nice large crispy asparagus spears. Excellent.
My wife and shared a caesar salad and the filet mignon.
Both were fantastic.
My sister and brother-in-law had the filet mignon and Chicken Gabrielle.
Both loved their meals.
A glass of wine each was also enjoyable and they had a fairly extensive wine selection.
Finishing touches were a freshly made cannolli, and the triple chocolate cake with raspberries.
Ahhhhh - what a finish!

The service was attentive but never intrusive. (Thanks Paul)
Return visits are definitely in the cards!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank RickyH1
New Jersey
“-4 Outside and Almost a 9 Inside!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This was my first venture to the Northside. Upon entering I was surprised to see a rustic and inviting atmosphere spanning from the large bar area to the vintage dining room.

To start Italian bread and spices were brought to the table to be used with the full bottle of olive oil that sits on each table. My colleagues and I ordered a few appetizers (Shrimp cocktail, fried meatballs and calamari steak). All three were very good. This was the first time I had ever seen calamari steak! They had the shape of mozzarella sticks. Entrees included salmon, shrimp/scallops and red pepper penne. All portions were larger than average. The salmon was crusted and very tasty according to my business associates. My shrimp and scallops were served over linguine with marinara sauce. While the scallops were large they also had a hint of ammonia taste to them. Rather than make a scene considering it was already late and I was out with business associates I ate my way through them. We found a nice bottle of 2008 Robert Mondavi cabernet sauvignon for $50 which was a great restaurant price!

Would definitely come back despite the "past prime scallops" ...

• Visited January 2013