“Look past the bar”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

First impression was negative , was there for dinner Sat night , we walked into a neighborhood bar atmosphere with loud loud rock music not what I was expecting , but as u walked though the bar there is a very nice dining room on the other side , the place is old Italian very nice very old , the food also classic Italian also very good , the service in the DINING ROOM also very good , my 17 year old had Chix parm and can be very hard to please said it was the best he ever had , my Chix Francais also very good all in all there was 15 of us and we all enjoyed it , we did have a late reservation , maybe that's why they had the music a little to loud in the bar , also the 2 bartenders though nice to look at really needed a lesson in service my only complaint would I go back Yes but my other son graduated SU , so no reason to go back to Syracuce Ny , 4 years of that city was enough !!

1  Thank Demosthens2

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I visited Attilio's with my extended family a few days ago. We had an early reservation and were seated promptly. Our party had a variety of appetizers, including jumbo shrimp, clams casino, and a tomato and mozzarella salad. The clams casino were just alright, with the bread crumb mixture attempting to cover up the taste of the claims, which wasn't that fantastic. The tomato and mozzarella salad was slathered with oil.

Our entrees were nothing remarkable. The two chicken parm dishes were cooked well, but the chicken was almost tasteless and the sauce seemed like a canned grocery store brand. My girlfriend's gluten free pasta was tasty, but poorly cooked and not al dente.

Dessert was fairly standard, with cheesecakes, cannolis, and tiramisu. Nothing impressed.

While the food was just average, the service was exceptional and the entire waitstaff was very friendly.

2  Thank ShaneSimon
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My Husband and I have been a couple times now and dinner was great both times. My most recent time going we had such a delightful time I had to give a review. My husband ordered a steak and I ordered a seafood linguini dish with shrimp and scallops and fresh tomato sauce. Both dishes were amazing, steak cooked perfectly and scallops melted in my mouth. Our friendly and boisterous waiter talked us into some gelatos after the meal too, limoncello and coffee. Both were creamy and so tasty and came in the perfect portion. The atmosphere is quite loud in there but I thought it was fun with all the families and friends having such a good time and enjoying amazing food. I'm not from an Italian family but I felt like I was as I ate my delicious Italian food that night.

2  Thank cattymay
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have eaten here a number of times, both for lunch and for dinner. The staff are exceptionally friendly and professional. The food is very good, but a little overpriced for what you get. The atmosphere is nice for a business lunch or for a night out with friends, but it gets loud at night.

The pasta dishes are very good, if a bit on the salty side. The steaks are excellent. The desserts are quite good too.

1  Thank SaviorPeacock
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Eating is a total experience. What a nice transformation as this spot has been a few things over the years. This is here to stay. The people are awesome, the food is simply excellent. Appetizers...very tasty , and the pasta entrees are perfectly prepared, served and and are delicious.. It's a great atmosphere as well. I am very happy to see this neighborhood place thriving. Reasonable in price...fair wine list add to the night. You pay more somewhere, and be far less pleased.