“Good food - we'll return”
Review of Attilio's

Attilio's
Ranked #59 of 704 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Reasonably priced wine list, good food and friendly service. Portions bigger than we needed. We liked it and will recommend to others.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Some of the best Italian food in Syracuse or for that matter, most anywhere I have ever eaten (and I have been all over the world and to 29 county fairs). The linguine and white clam sauce is out of this world. Service is prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. A great variety on the menu. Just outstanding - from soup to nuts.

1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Sometimes first impression is not exactly the real deal. This certainly is true with the Attilio's. As you walk through the bar (on the right side at the end of the bar) you get into a very nice dinning area.

The food was very good. I've had Insalata Caprese which was "huge". I mean, really huge, full of asian pear and big pieces of Mozarella. The main course was Tortellini Alfredo which was another huge plate. My friend has the seafood in the same huge plate. Needless to say, we were fully stuffed any satisfied. Not because of the full plates, but because the food was very delicious.

The only downside was the very loud music from the bar, which made it a bit unpleasant to have a nice calm dinner.

Coming from NYC the prices were totally reasonable as $17 for Tortellini and $10 for the Caprese given the huge portions are far from expensive.

1  Thank thenitai
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

First impression was negative , was there for dinner Sat night , we walked into a neighborhood bar atmosphere with loud loud rock music not what I was expecting , but as u walked though the bar there is a very nice dining room on the other side , the place is old Italian very nice very old , the food also classic Italian also very good , the service in the DINING ROOM also very good , my 17 year old had Chix parm and can be very hard to please said it was the best he ever had , my Chix Francais also very good all in all there was 15 of us and we all enjoyed it , we did have a late reservation , maybe that's why they had the music a little to loud in the bar , also the 2 bartenders though nice to look at really needed a lesson in service my only complaint would I go back Yes but my other son graduated SU , so no reason to go back to Syracuce Ny , 4 years of that city was enough !!

1  Thank Demosthens2
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I visited Attilio's with my extended family a few days ago. We had an early reservation and were seated promptly. Our party had a variety of appetizers, including jumbo shrimp, clams casino, and a tomato and mozzarella salad. The clams casino were just alright, with the bread crumb mixture attempting to cover up the taste of the claims, which wasn't that fantastic. The tomato and mozzarella salad was slathered with oil.

Our entrees were nothing remarkable. The two chicken parm dishes were cooked well, but the chicken was almost tasteless and the sauce seemed like a canned grocery store brand. My girlfriend's gluten free pasta was tasty, but poorly cooked and not al dente.

Dessert was fairly standard, with cheesecakes, cannolis, and tiramisu. Nothing impressed.

While the food was just average, the service was exceptional and the entire waitstaff was very friendly.

2  Thank ShaneSimon