“Haunted place”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Haunted place”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been here many times over the years for movies when they still showed them. I always hated going to the bathroom, I just felted like I was being watched in there and cut off from everyone else.

Visited December 2013

Syracuse, NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grand and gorgeous”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Landmark is a gorgeous, old, restored theater from days gone by. I have seen multiple shows here - Wicked, Blue Man Group, etc. The acoustics are great. The only drawbacks are that the seats are very uncomfortable and there is no leg room if you are tall, and once you get to somewhere around Row N the floor flattens out and it is very hard to see over the head of the person in front of you. My husband spent all of Wicked with his head out in the aisle so that he could see over the head of the very tall man in front of us. I spent the entire show trying not to move at all because the woman behind me would mutter under her breath if I moved my head at all... So, my tip would be to either try for seats closer to the stage, or sit in the balcony. The seats up there all offer a fine view. I agree with other reviewers that the ladies' room situation needs improvement...

Visited December 2013
Rotonda West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blow your guests minds with a wedding reception here!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

OMG! The Landmark Theater is a hidden treasure in Downtown Syracuse. My husband and I recently hosted our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at The stunning, historic Landmark. We had many out of town guests who were amazed at the true beauty of the place. They never imagined such a historic place was still kept up and used as a venue. Several people asked for a tour of the facility, which Danielle, coordinator at The Landmark, graciously provided.

The wedding reception was a huge hit. We heard numerous guests say it was the best reception they have ever been to. We hired people who had worked The Landmark before to do the place up right (Blacktie Entertainment and Carnegie Catering). The Landmark alone is very majestic and needs little in way of decorating for a reception. Danielle was an angel helping out in every aspect during the entire evening. When the reception was over and we were exhausted all we had to do was walk out the door. They clean up!

My advice, do not judge this book by its cover... Step inside and prepare to be amazed!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cheryl V
syracuse, ny USA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“a fantastic, versatile theater in the heart of syracuse”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i have seen many shows at the landmark. most recently, a dance production by a troup called diavolo. they have made many renovations in the last couple of years, and the stage can handle most anything. nice staff, good bar, beautiful architecture. a must-visit location in syracuse.

Visited April 2014
Liverpool, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The hidden gem of Syracuse”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Landmark is not much to look at from the outside but once inside the beautiful decor and wall paintings are stunning. Quaint tables let couples enjoy wine before the performance on the balcony above. We were greeted by staff that helped us find our seats. The seats are a bit small and leg room is very limited if you are on the tall side. The acoustics were great . The bathrooms,although clean, did not have enough stalls to accommodate the crowd which led to long lines at each level where they are located. If you have time before visiting there are some super stories on the net regarding haunted areas of this theater and I have heard that they sponsor a ghost walk in the lower levels at certain times in the year.

Visited September 2013