“Just "OK"”
Review of WonderWorks

WonderWorks
Ranked #1 of 18 Fun & Games in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience more than 100 hands-on exhibits. Be blown away by hurricane winds, manuever the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lay on a bed of nails, pilot a fighter jet, design and ride your own virtual roller coaster, experience a 4D extreme motion ride, compete in a game of lazer-tag and much more. While visiting, take part in the Canyon Climb Adventure. Suspended 70ft in the air its the World's largest indoor ropes challenge course. Purchase a combo package to SAVE.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I used a Groupon deal so it was almost half off the normal $27 a person.. I paid $13 a person. Honestly.. I would have felt completely ripped off if I paid full price. Some of it was pretty interesting.. but me being a museum lover just thought it wasn't enough to keep my interest. I also went with my 3 1/2 year old son and it wasn't enough to keep his interest so I'd say if you have kids under 6 or so.. its not worth the time. Also the beginning of it is pretty scary for little ones.

WonderWorksOnline, Director of Operations at WonderWorks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello angelize1999,

Thank you for visiting WonderWorks Destiny. We appreciate your comments and feedback about our attraction. Please note that the attraction is suitable for all ages, but we do not charge an Admission fee on any children under 4 years of age (due to some attractions' height requirements). We would like to hear more about your experience as we are always looking to improve our services for the future. You may contact us through click on this link to provide us with more details.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great activities for kids age 5-16. Most everything is science based. it is really cool. There are many games to play...all free. A few rides(simulator type) and a gyroscope and a pendulum type ride. All interactive stuff. The bubbles are was really cool also. Too much to list. They have laser tag but the kids I was with thought it was lame...too small and too short for the $. The ropes course is fabulous. If you get the combo package it is a good deal. We actually spent 4 hours there and I could not get the kids out of there to go eat...LOL. It is located in a large mall with many restaurants...there is not any food located within the complex of Wonder Works. Many birthday parties going on and the rooms looked very nice. Only complaint is that they need more people selling tix to get you in faster.

1  Thank rxmommy

rxmommy,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at our facilities! We are glad to hear that for the most part, you enjoyed your visit! We would love to get more feedback from you regarding your children's experience with Lazer Tag and with purchasing tickets! Please feel free to contact us directly at guestservices@wonderworksonline.com.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Not really impressed. A lot of the rooms seemed to be just large empty spaces. You can do the entire place in 1-2 hrs. For me that just isn't long enough for the amount you spend. On the plus side my 8 year old did enjoy it. I find it much more fulfilling and worth the money to drive to the museum of play in Rochester.

Hello klmkorn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our WonderWorks Destiny location. We would love to get more feedback from you and learn more about your visit as we are always striving to provide a great experience for all of our guests! One thing we would like to note is that we do not consider ourselves a museum; but rather a "theme park for the mind" as we have a combination of ride-like attractions and simulators that contain a mix of both educational and entertainment value. We again thank you for taking the time to contact us, and invite you to email us directly at guestservices@wonderworksonline.com.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited this attraction for the indoor climbing. Our 3 kids loved this attraction although I was unable to do it based on a height restriction. The website had 6'8" as the tallest, but I am 6'7" and the top safety hook was mid-head for me. I would say 6'4" and under would be good - over that, do not plan on doing this. The kids (6-9-12) spent about an hour and were fairly tired when they finished up. Not bad on the pricing, as you can stay on it as long as you'd like to.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Went to Wonder Works on Saturday so my son can climb the sky tykes ropes course. He had a blast. He didn't want to leave. Damien did an excellent job wit all the kids. He showed great professionalism even after being kicked by one child who didn't want to wear the harness. He eventually got it on. Damien was patient and kept a smile on his face. He kept a positive attitude the whole time. Damien should be commended on a job well done. Definitely returning during the winter break to get the full wonder works experience!