Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square
Red Roof
US$191
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$109
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsvalet parkingresidence innarmory squarevalet servicefayette streetbistro stafffront deskirish restaurantstaying at the marriottlots of great restaurantskitty hoynesrestaurants and barswithin walking distancetypical courtyardcan't beat the locationper daylocation is fantastic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I just wanted to say this hotel was so clean. Everything was perfect. The staff was extremely helpful and went out of there way to assist me. It was in walking distance to many restaurants. The staff went above and beyond to get my computer working, giving directions to local restaurants and even getting me a taxi. The have a Bistro and a Market for snacks and drinks.

The only issue was the heating system was noisy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The rooms were modern and cheery. We had a view overlooking the main street. The staff was very helpful and the valet parking very convenient. We wished there were a mirror outside of the bathroom as two women sharing a room, it would have been helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight last Saturday on a cold, below-zero night in Syracuse. It was good to have a convenient valet service. The location was excellent, with an outstanding local Irish Pub directly across the street. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. The only thing odd was that the shower stalls didn't have soap dishes. All in all, we would stay again when we had the opportunity.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 2nd floor or facing the street. Our room looked directly over the parking lot and we had to keep the drapes closed both for privacy and because the parking lot was so well lit.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Bob, thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Syracuse! I'm glad that our valet service offered an easy escape from the frigid weather! I will be sure to pass along your comments during our next staff meeting. Kitty Hoynes is a Syracuse treasure and we are fortunate to be so close. I hope to welcome you back again during your next stay in Syracuse.

Warm Regards,
Jim Wefers

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Had overnight stay in Syracuse dropping sons off for school. Had room on 5th floor. It was very quiet and beautifully appointed. The staff could not have been nicer and made recommendations for dinner. Had some reservations about the valet parking due to the gentleman that had his car stolen in December. Encountered no issues with the valet parking but I was very relieved when they arrived with our car. It was a little pricey but you are within walking distance of numerous restaurants which was very nice. Would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I'd like to personally thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay at the Courtyard in Armory Square. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome in Syracuse. We take pride in our Armory Square location and hope that you will visit us next time you're in town visiting your sons.

Jim Wefers

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at the new Marriott Courtyard/Residence Inn in downtown Syracuse back in September and was not impressed with this new hotel. A lot of the reviews from then were spot on.

I decided to give it another chance 2 weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost all the issues I had in September were no longer problems. I had hot water, my room was clean, the service was what I would expect from a Marriott and exceeded it in many ways.

The only issues I still had were paying for parking and some "city noise", but I be over analyzing it. If it were a larger city like Boston, NYC or Chicago I would have thought twice about it and actually would have throughout it was a deal not to have to pay upwards of $50-$100/ night for parking.

Overall I'm glad I gave it a 2nd chance, I'm glad to see that some companies still value customer service and list to what their guests/clients are saying. I can't wait to come back again to how they can make my stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you're going to be there a few days or want more room get the 1 bedroom suite that faces the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square. We are very grateful that you gave our hotel and team a second chance to accommodate you on your return trip to Syracuse. We hope we have the pleasure of serving you each time you seek a downtown Syracuse hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Jim Wefers, General Manager