“Perfect location, lovely hotel”

Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Houston
“Perfect location, lovely hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel has been recently redone, and the decor is trendy and beautiful. I loved the bright colors and the wonderful lobby paintings. The front desk is open concept (clerks at lecterns, rather than barrier desks.) We were greeted immediately upon entering, then we were given a handicap room. Although we didn't need it, it was spacious and inviting. Almost immediately after we got to our room, the phone rang. The desk clerk was asking if we were happy with the room and if we needed anything. We were able to walk to great restaurants and shopping. Taking the car also was easy, for the valet parkers were very accommodating. This was a great experience at a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank worldgoer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a fantastic hotel! My wife and I were recently married in the Syracuse, NY area and we used this hotel to block rooms off for our guests as well as a suite for us. The hotel was recently built and has a very nice, modern look to it. Everything inside the hotel was nice, clean and new. The beds were comfortable and the decor was great. We certainly did not feel as though we were staying at a typical Courtyard Marriott. The hotel staff was nothing short of amazing. Upon returning to the hotel from our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, the hotel staff insisted that we use the private ballroom/meeting room area to party and mingle with all of our guests. They set the room up with tables for us and allowed us full reign of the space for as long as we wanted. The staff truly wanted to ensure that we had everything we needed for our very special weekend. The morning of the wedding, the staff hand delivered champaign, champaign glasses and orange juice to my wife and the rest of the bridal party to start the morning off right. The location of this hotel is also a plus. Located right in Armory Square, there are plenty of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Pastabilities and Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub are two great stops if you are planning on staying at this hotel. The only negative regarding this hotel is that the parking is valet only.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EricJ21
Rome, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is very nice. They only have valet parking. Personally I could have parked my vehicle and walked the 50 feet. $10 for Valet. The king size bed was the size of a queen bed and was not comfortable at all. Back to Hilton properties, they have the best beds !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay in Syracuse. I'm disappointed to hear that our king beds did not meet your comfort expectations. Being in the city center, our valet service is intended to alleviate the stress of parking off property, and I apologize if the parking charge was unexpected. Our guests' experience is most important to us and it appears that we fell short in providing an exceptional stay. Should your travels bring you back to Syracuse, I would invite you to contact me at 315-422-4854 to ensure a personalized stay at a standard that is expected of a Marriott property.

Adirondacks, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at party central. If you like listening to others party in the hallway at 2am this is your hotel. And don't worry-staff allowed party to continue for well over a half hour! Quieter for a brief period and we are rocking again! When we complained at checkout the clerk said 3 wedding parties and a bachelor party that night. He could have cared less. I have stayed in the past and loved it but current staff was useless. Rock on Marriott! Party is here and coming to a hallway near you! Valet staff were wonderful. Polite, smiling and very nice to deal with. Should be promoted to management.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan3098
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard in Armory Square. I do apologize for any disruptions during your stay and will ask our Front Desk associates to ensure procedures addressing noise issues are being implemented consistently. I do hope you'll provide us another opportunity to provide a restful stay in Syracuse.

New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel was great. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I ended up staying another day and booked direct with the hotel and saved 70 dollars!! It does not pay to book through tripadvisor. Go direct!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay in Syracuse. I am pleased we were able to help out with booking an extra night! Feel free to contact us directly on property the next time you're traveling through Syracuse!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed two nights at the Courtyard adjacent to Syracuse's recently revived Armory Square neighborhood and found a very mixed experience. At the worst was the physical condition of this newly constructed hotel. In my room: The always-on bathroom light was too bright for night time. The toilet tank and the toilet seat didn't match in such a way that the seat wouldn't stay open on its own for the standing gentleman. The toilet did not flush (until repaired by the staff). The heat of the shower melted the glue holding the porcelain soap dish to the wall, sending it smashing to the floor. The A/C lacked a "fan only" setting, and the difference of a single degree on the thermostat was sometimes enough to trigger either chilled or heated air. The opaque drapes couldn't be closed entirely.

Better than the the building but not entirely recommendable was the housekeeping: dust had collected on the feet of tables in the room (which should not happen) and a large spiderweb spanned the shower my first morning (which can happen even in the best of hotels). Generally, though, the room looked very nice and felt clean.

Best of all was the service at the front desk and bistro. Everyone I met was warm and attentive. At one point I visited the desk to discuss the repair of my toilet and the (very friendly) receptionist failed to mention that a package was waiting for me, but she did have the requested update on my room. All other interactions with the staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Pick any room and bring a tool kit and a sleep mask.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Courtyard in Armory Square. I'm disappointed to see that we fell short of your expectations, as well as our own. I apologize and have alerted our housekeepers and their supervisors to ensure all furniture is inspected before guests arrive. I am glad that we were able to resolve some issues while you were at the hotel and I would welcome another chance to provide an exceptional stay during your next trip to Syracuse.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and the location was fabulous.

I give it an extra star Syracuse the staff was great. The day I was there the chef walked out but the GM took over. They lovely lady in the bistro was apologetic for any wait and kept a smile through the morning.

The valet guy was super friendly. And the staff at front desk were great as well.

Stayed April 2014