“College Town Eatery” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delmonico's Italian Steak

Delmonico's Italian Steak
Ranked #11 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grantham, NH
“College Town Eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was a typical college town restaurant, busy, noisy and not conducive to having any conversation at dinner. Service was very pleasant and efficient, drinks were ample, but the food was less than average. Will definitely find a different eatery for our next visit.

• Visited October 2013

Pickering, Canada
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was just a stop off on the way home to Canada. We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the restaurant. We went there on a Thursday night. I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service was outstanding, for me anyway. The steak was very , very, very good. They even gave us a bottle of there steak rub to take home, which was a very nice touch. I highly recommend this place for the quality and quantity of the food , at a great price.

• Visited August 2013
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This restaurant used to be my favorite. Every Xmas my 2 children each would give us a gift certificate for Delmonico's. In the past 2 years they have raised their prices almost 40% and the quality of food and service has declined dramatically. In a recent visit,we arrived at 5:15 and were promptly seated.. I ordered the 24 oz. Delmonico which has always been my favorite. The price had increased to $21.99. We also ordered the Antipasto for 2. Before we had eaten half our antipasto,the entrees arrived. I spent half my time cutting the fat and grizzle of my steak and it amounted to almost half of the steak. The waiter asked how everything was and I expressed my displeasure. He promptly offered to get me another steak and I tried to refuse because I didn't want any more. He insisted and the manager also came to our table and apologized and insisted on giving me another steak. Well when it arrived,it was just as bad as the first one. All fat and grizzle. I believe they have downgraded the quality of beef and raised the prices as my son,who is a kitchen manager explained that a lower grade of meat can be had at a much cheaper price. I informed the children that I no longer wanted the gift certificates for Xmas because 2 out of our last 3 visits to Delmonico's were bad experiences.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Party Success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Delmonico's was very accommodating for a surprise party with a large group for dinner. Our wait staff was terrific and everyone loved their meals. The served the cake I provided which is something you don't find most places, We often go there when we visit and I have yet to find a comparable restaurant in NC where we live. Awesome hospitality , food and fun all around. Thank You Delmonico's

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank redbarns10
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Visited Delmonico's back in May. It was during the week so it was not that busy. It was earlier too. The service was really good. I got a steak which was a good portion and my girl got the chicken marsala which was also really good. Overall we really liked it.

• Visited May 2013