“Very nice and romantic”

Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Both of us were very impressed by this establishment. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. The service was the best I've seen in a long time! The wait staff was attentive in keeping out water glasses full, dirty dishes out of the way, and they made sure we enjoyed everything. The food was great and there was a lot of it. The dipping sauce for the bread was unique and delicious. The chicken riggies were a bit spicy, but overall good. The value of everything was good considering how much food you get! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had the most amazing duck bacon flatbread and our other meal was the eggplant lasagna. What amazing meals and this place is run so well. Great staff, friendly service, good drink and wine list it just goes on. We got to dinner at just before 5 p.m. on a Saturday night and the place got packed in just a few minutes. Get there early or be prepared to wait a little bit. Not a huge deal as this place has a good bar, but when it's busy you'll be sitting at the front door. Not to despair young Skywalker, the wait is worth it! Excellent restaurant.

1  Thank ScottyMontana
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was upset when I saw a line stretched out the door and halfway down the street considering it was 7:30 and I was starving. My upsetness (is that a word???) increased dramatically when I realized the line was merely to get our name in the waiting list. I was freezing cold and was ready to call the nearest Olive Garden to make an unnecessary reservation and eat me some unlimited breadstix. BUT after discussions with my visiting father, we waited. It pains me to say he was right, and it was worth it. Delicious. Delicious delicious. Every part. The bread was perfect, sauce was exquisite and they give you the opportunity to take some home with you. Do it. Tripadvisor asks if this is one of the best meals I've ever had. It is THE best.

1  Thank Dayman55
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Wife and I had some business in Syracuse today and we drove over there this morning.
I had been to TripAdvisor to find a good and inexpensive place to eat close to our place of appointment.
We found it! It is Pastabilities, an Italian fusion place near the armory in what Syracuse claims is its answer to Soho. The food is great
In case you are not familiar with the place they have all fresh homemade stuff including soup, sandwiches, five or six salads and 7 or 8 pastas plus meatballs.
with another 8-9 sauces. Artisan bread is made daily across the street in their bakery. They serve everything in half orders if you wish and from what I could see
I think the price was cut in half, not the portion. There is no table service so you line up cafeteria style. The ambience is great: nice people caring for you,
respectful customers caring for one another, people of all ages and terrific music, e.g. Johnny Cash, Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead and Eric Clapton.

Lunch for the two of us cost 14.80 with two salads and two Pasta “half” portions of which we brought at least half home.

If you are in the area looking for great food and good company give it a shot!

1  Thank Ed K
Reviewed 9 November 2013

If you are in Syracuse, looking out for a place with great ambiance and have a taste for pasta, Pastabilities is the place for you. Well spaced out and the ambiance is just right. Food is what you walk into this place for. Excellent spread, well prepared and tasty. Do not miss.