“Great night at Dinosaur Bar-b-que”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 720 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to Dinosaur Bar-b-que for a late-night dinner and some live entertainment. It was a great experience.

I got ribs and mac & cheese, they were both fantastic. There's a great variety of sauces that you can use to enhance your meal (which really needs no help), the Wango Tango and the Garlic Chipotle were so good, I bought them to bring home with me. The server was great, she's was speedy, organized and helpful. The place, even at 10 p.m. was chaotic and she handled everybody expertly.

After the meal, I moved into the bar area to enjoy the live band that was playing that night. The were a very decent band and were good entertainment. The cocktails were good, and there are drink specials in the bar after a certain time.

I will look forward to my next meal at Dinosaur Bar-b-que should I find myself visiting Syracuse again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,424)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have eaten at the Dinosaur many times. Hands down it is the best food you will find. All food is cooked on the premises, decor is funky and there is an extensive assortment of beers in addition to a full bar. Waitresses are cool and look like biker chicks in this low key establishment. Be prepared to wait as there are no reservations taken-- first com first served. Try all the sides as they are exceptional in addition to perfectly prepared meats, chicken and the occasional fish.

1  Thank 389dbr
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to have lunch at this restaurant after being given some dining suggestions by a colleague and reading all the reviews. We could smell the BBQ from half mile away.
The place was very busy, but we were seated after 5 minutes. The service is very quick and guests do not tend to spend too much time eating, so there are no long waits.
The food was delicious and reasonably priced.
I would highly recommend this place if visiting Syracuse.

1  Thank Globalina
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to the restaurant on the advice of a local and found it to be a spacious place though loud. As the place is popular I was ready to wait a while which we did. Found the selection of meats, styles and sauces to be expansive. I like that they did not drown the ribs in sauce. The brisket had a good smokey flavor that I like in brisket. The portion size is a good value for the price. They have a expansive list of local beers to go along with a staff who seem to know the brews. Service was friendly and fast even with the large number of people who were there. The pickles which came with my wife's meal were incredible. They tasted a little different and had spicy kick to them which was really good. The choice of deserts capped off the meal really nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an amazing BBQ meal here. It is very popular with the locals and you need to be patient on waiting to get a table but it is well worth the wait.