“Rehearsal dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Food and menu options were great for my rehearsal dinner. My mother in law said communicating with the staff to set up the dinner was very easy and they were very helpful. My only complaint was that reservations were for 7:30pm and we did not sit until 7:40, which was disappointing when I showed up at 7:15 expecting tables to be ready. Other than that, service and food were excellent. We always love coming here when we're in town visiting family.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We went to Dominik's for lunch recently. Both ordered from their lunch menu. Chicken riggis were tasty, could have used hot peppers as we have had at other restaurants. The sampler plate had ziti, lasagna, ravioli, meatball and sausage. Both came with side salads. We ate plenty and had enough for another meal to take home. The total check was less than $20.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've been to this place a few times throughout the years, most recently last month, and I have yet to be impressed. I will say that my friends love it and it is popular with the locals, but I just am not a fan. If you do decide to eat here first off make sure if you get a salad order the dressing on the side, otherwise it will be drenched in oily dressing. Second once I ordered New England clam chowder and it was the consistency of a stuffing (not good). They do give huge portion sizes on their main dishes, but I am not all about portion size like some people. I am about quality not quantity and to be honest the quality of the different pasta dishes I've ordered is not that good. There are much better choices in Syracuse for Italian cuisine than Dominicks. Now I am not a steak eater, so I can't comment on the steaks, but I have some friends that love the steaks here, so maybe if you are looking for a steak and not Italian then this might be the palce to go. It is not the worst place I've been by any means, but it certainly isn't the best either (far from it). It can get a bit pricey too. If I remember correctly the main dishes were around $14.99 to $22.99 (and up depending on what your order of course), so if you are bringing the family it certainly isn't a cheap night out.

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Probably one of the top 5 places in Syracuse for lunch. Gets very busy around noon, you may want to consider 11:45 or after the rush. All the food on the menu is very good with large portions. Very well run place. I have also gotten items to go, just call ahead.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The food was generous and done as requested. I had the delmonico steak. It was cooked nicely, however, the flavor was not really that great.