“Tastes like prev-frozen Dim Sum from Walmart”

China Pavilion Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Chinese
Oahu
“Tastes like prev-frozen Dim Sum from Walmart”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Dim Sum is bad. It seriously looks and tastes like frozen Dim Sum that can be purchased at Walmart. Best Dim Sum I've had closest to Northern NY is in Ottawa, Canada.

• Visited August 2013

New York
“Unsanitary....... health department should close them down.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I went there tonight for a bowl of hot and sour soup and as I was waiting I witnessed the waitress grab two water glasses with her bare hands by the lip of the glasses with her dirty hands. She then put ice in them, poured soda over them, then ,( and this was all done at the front counter in front of those of us waiting for our takeout food), she then held the glasses with soda already in them over the ice bucket and added more ice. Now, as if it wasn't sanitary enough by grabbing each glass by the place most people put their lips to drink from, she then contaminated the entire ice bucket with the spillover of the sodas in the ice bucket. The next patron's glass would already have the flavor of each soda that spilled over in the ice bucket. She didn't even wear gloves. She used the same filthy hands she uses to clean the table, deliver the food and then touch the glasses where everyone drinks from. I called her out on it and she said "people drink from straws" ...Oh really? well, I'm certain the health department wouldn't feel the same way about that attitude. I just read a previous review where a previous patron got sick from eating there, it's no wonder if she's doing that in the open, imagine what's going on behind the scenes.The hot and sour soup was jammed full of tofu and broth, no chicken, no vegetables. It should have been called Tofu Soup. Over priced at $ 3.00 a pint when all others charge $ 1.50-2.00 I'd avoid this place.

• Visited August 2013
“Wow!!!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

First time here. My girlfriend and I stopped in for dinner. The food was excellent. The service could not have been any better. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant. We will definitely be coming back again soon! Best Chinese food I have had!!

• Visited June 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Good chinese food”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Only a few good chinese restaurant in Syracuse, they are one of them. The restaurant is clean. To my surprise, they don't charge me for hot tea. They have few kids' menu, nothing fancy (ie sweet n sour chicken, chicken wings) that comes with rice or french fries. Excellent service. All you can eat buffet is on Tuesday and Friday 11:30 to 2 pm for $7.50+tax, not too bad. Dim sum is served on sunday lunch time.

• Visited May 2013
Syracuse, New York
“I got sick”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I have ordered from their before and never got sick. This certain day I ordered chicken wings and around 3:00 am it was not pretty. I don't know if it was the grease that they are using or the batter but be very careful if the chiken wings are huge and the batter is white and flaky it might not be pretty for you!

• Visited November 2012