“First Time Polish Food was EXQUISITE”

Eva's European Sweets
Ranked #10 of 683 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lynchburg, Virginia
“First Time Polish Food was EXQUISITE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Never have I ever had Polish Food before and I was blown out of the water. It was an amazing meal and normally I'm skeptical of foods I've never heard of before. I had the Placki Hungarian Style and I was in heaven! It was amazing. I can't even begin to describe. The only negative thing about this place when we went was the service. It was EXTREMELY slow as there was only one waitress working. We went for my cousin's birthday and it kinda soured the experience, but just be patient. Food is worth it! Also the decor is a little weird with dolls around, but

• Visited August 2013

Maple Shade, New Jersey
“We love the potato pancakes!. . .and yes. . . the desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have visited Eva's several times while visiting our daughter in Syracuse. I thoroughly enjoy the potato pancakes with sour cream . . . comfort food! My kids have tried the pierogies as well. .. If you don't love sauerkraut don't order the bacon and sauerkraut. . .a little much. The desserts are beautiful. We are in love with a chocolate cake or torte with a hint of orange that we have had twice! If you are in Syracuse it is definitely an interesting place to visit for lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent food family atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We love Eva's! The food is authentically polish and so good! It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. Very family oriented with small rooms a close tables. Decorated with lots of polish elements and the desserts are to die for.

Skaneateles
“If you love Polish food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I grew up on pierogies, stuffed cabbage and Polish sausage. The REAL deal. I miss it terribly, but when I need a fix, we head to Eva's . All my favorites, plus some other ethnic dishes. Great. Polish beer selection too! And then there are the sweets. Always lots of choices of cheesecakes, tortes, chocolate lay treats and more. It's a small place and fills fast with locals, but sooo worth it.

• Visited June 2014
Altamont, New York
“High quality food, deliciously prepared, expertly served”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Dinner at Eva's is a delight not to be missed if you find yourself in Syracuse. Our group of four ordered a number of dishes to be shared, and each one of them was a delightful culinary experience. We started with pierogies in two varieties: mushroom with mushroom cream sauce, and sauerkraut and bacon. Then there were potato pancakes with a zesty meat-and-tomato sauce as well as applesauce and sour cream, and beef goulash with a barley stew. From an extensive list of imported Polish and Eastern European beers we chose a Latvian lager and a dark Russian Baltika. Other guests enjoyed red wine with their meals: Shiraz and Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. The case of attractive homemade desserts proved irrestistible. We ordered one slice each of the chocolate-caramel torte, black currant cream cake, raspberry cheesecake, and orange-chocolate ganache cake. Every one of them was a winner. Yum. Don't miss the opportunity to eat at Eva's. Reasonable prices, excellent service with a smile. Closed Sundays and Mondays.

• Visited May 2014