“I've been going to Riley's since 1982! Love this place!”
Review of Riley's

Riley's
Ranked #52 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Syracuse, New York
“I've been going to Riley's since 1982! Love this place!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I come here so often that I don't think of it as a restaurant but more like a neighborhood Cheers! The food here is very eclectic as the menu changes daily, except for Friday when it is seafood entrees. Don't go on a Friday if you want their huge, delicious burgers with Irish fries as they will not be available. Staff here are always friendly. If someone says they are not, well that person is a derogatory name I will not say, but is a word you'd find around a kennel!
I would not be returning here over and over, multiple times a month if it wasn't good. It is nice just sitting at a small table by the bar. Great place to go with friends. Definitely not a place for small children. The restaurant area is small, so it can get crowded with people waiting for a table and even more time for a booth. Brian makes homemade pies that are delicious, the favorite is raspberry pie, not always available, with homemade whip cream. I like the chocolate pecan Bourbon pie. If you have six people the back table is great, very private.
I have also been here with private parties upstairs, including my own. Great catering. Lovely room. Only able to handle I believe 75 people max.

This is my Cheers....a neighborhood pub & restaurant where everyone knows your name. You cannot beat that!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Syr2012

loudon tn
“great local food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We,ve been to rileys several times and always had good food. Fish and burgers are excellant. It,sa great neighborhood restaurant. Can be crowded as it,s not that big.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“What a treasure”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The same host on our trip who ordered from Darwins for lunch (yum), sent us out to Riley's for dinner. Could not have found better on our own. We walked in the back into the bar and our jaws dropped just from the beauty of the place. We did not realize there was another room- that was amazing also. Was expecting to only get bar food, and was surprised to be given a full, hand written menu with all sorts of good options. We had fish and chips and sides of Irish fries and asparagus. Enough food for an army and all delicious. Should have left room for dessert.

• Visited June 2014
BALDWINSVILLE
“The Best of Syracuse”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have no idea where they came up with the chefs for this small, elegant, out of the way bar and restaurant--much more than bar food! The chefs sure know what they are doing. We go on Thursday nights after our community band rehearsal and the staff is always friendly and glad to see us. Sometimes there are 5 of us and sometimes 11 or 12--either way, the wait staff is very efficient and fun. The food is fantastic--ask for Irish Fries--you can order them crispy or softer, either way--sooo good. Made from real potatoes and sliced sideways. Every day the menu changes and each item is a little different than any other place we've eaten. I don't drink, but the others in my party say the beers and wine are great. I brought my husband a couple of times and he loved the bacon bleu cheeseburger and also the sauteed chicken livers with onions and mushrooms. I had pulled pork quesadillas and they were wonderful. We've shared a few desserts, too and everybody always takes a takeout box home. We usually call ahead when we are leaving rehearsal and they have a table ready for us when we get there. If you get online before you go, you can view the menu for each day. Can't praise the place enough. You really gotta try it!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank EILEEN L R
“The Best Local Restaurant in Syracuse!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Riley' has an ever-changing menu featuring the freshest local specialties, and unique flavor combinations. We have been going there for 20 years, and heave never been disappointed. Great food, wonderful wines, and friendly, attentive staff. The best restaurant in Syracuse for a mid-week dinner, or special evening.

• Visited April 2014