“Amazing dinner!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Showed up at 6pm on a Thursday night with no reservations. The parking lot was filled and so was the restaurant, with multiple large parties going on. We were seated immediately on the patio and the service was spot on, even with so many customers eating around us. I splurged and ordered the filet oscar and at 25.99 it was worth every penny. The meat was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The cream sauce was delicious and the crab chunks were large and succulent, and the asparagus was grilled not steamed or boiled. My friend ordered the crab cakes dinner and it too was delicious! While we didn't have a large sample of the menu, what we did order was as good as we could have hoped for. Our food came out quickly, was cooked as ordered and was still warm when we got it, a huge bonus for us considering the volume of people.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I ate there on Wednesday evening while on a trip to Syracuse. The meals were excelent with generous portions. The service was prompt and efficient.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a bit of a wait, but knowing the restaurant from having been there for their famous fish fry dinner, we didn't mind. Seats could use cushions perhaps. Service was very personable, pleasant and PROMPT. The kitchen was obviously busy, but our very different orders were served together on time, what was supposed to be hot was HOT and what was supposed to be cold like the coleslaw was delightfully COLD for a great contrast on the palate. The quality of the food was supurb!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We went to Hafner's last evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Pleasant staff who became nicer as the meal progressed, fantastic food (melt in your mouth steak!), huge portions of salad and pasta. Sorry we didn't have room for dessert. Definitely a destination restaurant when in or passing through Syracuse! Thanks to the hotel for suggesting it or we would have probably eaten at a chain!

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I ordered a fruit and cheese plate as an apppetizer, and the crab cakes. First, the crab cakes were preordered and frozen, not freshly made, that was obvious. They were terrible, and small. Second, the fruit and cheese plate was an absolute joke. Seriously, I have never received a bigger joke of a menuitem from a restaurant in my entire life. The plate looked like a ghost town. It had more empty space than fruit or cheese! Two small, white unripe strawberries, two tiny slices of apple, a few tiny grapes (marble sized), one piece of crumbly strange cheese, and under 10 crackers. I took a photo of the plate and will post it here if I can.

Also, don't bring your young kids here to watch a game. The clientelle is composed of a bunch of foul-mouthed, classless idoots, yelling and swearing at the televisions as the game went on. Amazing how these people think they are in their own living rooms. Management does nothing about it.

Also, if you order wings, be careful, they trick you by charging extra for blue cheese. Terrible restaurant.

2  Thank vitocool