“It's just ok”

Ranked #55 of 683 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

The menu was a little on the limited side, the facility is beginning to show its age, but the food was good. I went here for lunch with a girl friend and will probably go back in the future ... but it's just an average neighborhood place.

Visited November 2012

Providence, Rhode Island
“Don't let the exterior fool you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

From the outside, this place looks like a non-descript, run-of-the-mill burger and beer place. Don't let that fool you - the food was great. I had an outstanding sandwich (the "short fat guys") that was easily big enough to share (but since I was by myself, I ate it all!!). They also did something interesting with the sweet potato fries - they served them with a small container of maple syrup. It was a pleasant evening, so I sat on the patio, enjoyed my sandwich and Guinness (on tap), and read my book. It was a pleasant end to a day of business meetings, and I'd go back to Hafner's.

• Visited June 2013
Potsdam, New York
“Amazing dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Showed up at 6pm on a Thursday night with no reservations. The parking lot was filled and so was the restaurant, with multiple large parties going on. We were seated immediately on the patio and the service was spot on, even with so many customers eating around us. I splurged and ordered the filet oscar and at 25.99 it was worth every penny. The meat was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The cream sauce was delicious and the crab chunks were large and succulent, and the asparagus was grilled not steamed or boiled. My friend ordered the crab cakes dinner and it too was delicious! While we didn't have a large sample of the menu, what we did order was as good as we could have hoped for. Our food came out quickly, was cooked as ordered and was still warm when we got it, a huge bonus for us considering the volume of people.

• Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Diner in Syracuse .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I ate there on Wednesday evening while on a trip to Syracuse. The meals were excelent with generous portions. The service was prompt and efficient.

• Visited April 2013
Manlius, New York
“Excellent informal tasteful dining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a bit of a wait, but knowing the restaurant from having been there for their famous fish fry dinner, we didn't mind. Seats could use cushions perhaps. Service was very personable, pleasant and PROMPT. The kitchen was obviously busy, but our very different orders were served together on time, what was supposed to be hot was HOT and what was supposed to be cold like the coleslaw was delightfully COLD for a great contrast on the palate. The quality of the food was supurb!

Visited April 2013