Red Carpet Inn Syracuse Airport
  • Fitness centre
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I generally try to give hotels an easier time due to the variety of expectations people may have, but this establishment fell flat on a serious level. We were seeking a simple, no-frills room to rest overnight on a long trip. When we arrived, we noticed a sign in the bathroom saying that due to the way the room plumbing was set up, we may have to run the shower for a few minutes or more to get a comfortable temperature. The next morning, after sleeping with the television on to drown out the neighbor's conversations through what looked like cubicle walls, we ran the shower for 30 minutes. No hot water. The toilet hadn't been cleaned, and there was pubic hair and toenail clippings on the floor. We both ended up taking a sponge bath from the (ironically scalding hot) faucet water in a hurry to try to make it on time to the wedding. The desk staff was friendly and the price was very cheap, but honestly we would have been better off sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: I'm assuming some of the rooms must have hot water, so maybe ask which ones are closest to the heating unit if you want to have better luck than us.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I found this place through expedia.ca. I read many of the reviews and was a bit hesitate to book with them. We thought we'd give them a try because of the great price. We were planning to take a bus out of Syracuse to go to NYC and then take a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line. Anyways, we found out that they have a park and stay plan that also had a great price. We parked our car at the hotel for 10 days (you can park your car for up to 14 days) and did not have any problems when we got back. In fact, we liked the hotel so much that we decided to stay an extra night after we returned from our cruise. The hotel is not fancy but it serves its purpose (a clean place to stay and get rest before your adventure begins). I will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank May S
A TripAdvisor Member
North Syracuse
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Overall the stay was peaceful and relaxing, the only problem I had was that the person who checked me had extremely dirty fingernails. I just thought that was gross, but otherwise the stay was great!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The Red Carpet Inn was exactly what I expected. I stayed four nights and had a room with fridge and microwave. While the property and its furnishings are older, it was clean and comfortable. Todd checked me in and was friendly, professional and prompt. Be aware.........this property is directly under the flight path for Hancock International Airport and there are some rooms that are directly beneath very low flying planes. I didn't expect this. The plane traffic at this airport wasn'r heavy, ended for the day about 11PM and didn't begin until about 8AM. Lastly, there is a significant amount of traffic close to the hotel on busy Route 11. Some rooms are close to the highway and can be heard. I would use this hotel again. If you aren't expecting the Ritz its a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

As other reviewers have said in different words, this motel is old and stained, but the rooms . beds and bathrooms seem clean enough. No free toiletries here!
Our only surprise was inability to hook up son's video game system (PS3)..not possible here to connect any system to the TV. Be forewarned...my son was disappointed. As said, very outdated motel. Last place without coffee pot in rooms.
We paid total $ 74.00 for 2 beds...maybe could have paid less if had not reserved in advance.
I have stayed in other motels where I only wanted a clean bed for one night and paid same for more amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family