“Delicious food, wonderful service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 317 @ Montgomery

317 @ Montgomery
Reserve with OpenTable
317 @ Montgomery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

As soon as we came through the door, the waiter knew who we were and sat us right at the window. The food was delicious - the starter was a long thin plate of cheese, crackers, nuts, meats - divine. I had the steak which was fabulous, and eating partners enjoyed the short ribs. We shared an amazing appetizer - something like calamari fries... you can't go wrong at 317. The waiter was also fabulously friendly and helpful!

New York
“Deconstructed cheesecake sent me over the edge!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

A group of six ate dinner here. I chose this restaurant based on the reviews in Trip Advisor and the online menu. The first disappointment was the menu had changed. And not for the better. It was pretty limited. One dish from each meat category. All the portions were pretty small. Pricey, but delicious. A good wine list. Great service. When I ordered the Destructed cheesecake, and received a dish with a blob of cheesecake, a line of graham cracker cRust and a line of fruit, I Knew I wouldn't return. In fact I told the waitress to let the chef know that I thought this dessert was just an excuse for not using a springform pan. Overall, I would not return nor recommend this restaurant based on the pricey fru-fru food. But, if you are rich, want to impress people, and eat good food, this might be the place for you

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bookgirl130
Syracuse,NY
“Still Hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went on a Friday night and only 2 other parties were there which is a bad sign as other restaurants in the area were packed. Then I saw why. The menu is divided into 3 courses, with a separate price for each. I told the waitress I was very hungry and she suggested the duck. She couldn't have been more wrong. The $24 portion was tiny and very chewy. My wife tried it and spit it out. I saw a very good sized chicken entrée at another table and my wife's tuna was a nice portion also, so why didn't the waitress suggest those? The tuna was good, the decor and atmosphere very nice. The staff was very friendly. I don't think this place will make it if it doesn't change it's menu and prices. People in Syracuse are not going to pay over $100 for dinner for 2 on a regular basis.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wisia
Syracuse, NY
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I recently went here for a wine pairing dinner. We knew of this place because we had met Chef Tim when he worked at another location. We were so impressed by his work that we kept in touch and followed him to 317. The meal here was everything we've come to expect from Tim: unique, interesting, delicious, but not over the top or pretentious. We will definitely be returning, and I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.

Virginia
“Cozy comfortable gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Medical flight into Syracuse with a weather hold, read reviews for this restaurant and decided to give it a go. Not disappointed! Super friendly staff and a menu that covers all the basics with a creative twist. Warm intimate atmosphere in a restored downtown historic building. Josh offered us a wine tasting just for kicks and grins! Perfectly lovely!