“Decent breakfast, but bed bugs!!”

Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
“Decent breakfast, but bed bugs!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Front desk guy was very friendly and breakfast was decent. Plus the room was pretty cheap and good location if you've visited just to shop at Destiny. But BED BUGS! Came home with tons of bites and I'm itchy and miserable. Won't come back for that reason and that reason only.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank trip123sky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Endwell, NY
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband andI stayed in this hotel ..room 206 ..on May 24 to the 25. He already wrote a review..please see the one labeled bed bugs..bed bugs..bed bugs. This is an update. We received a call today from Jason who works there. He read our review of the hotel online and was not happy. He basically called my husband a liar about having bed bugs in the room and said the more than 100 bites he has on him could be an allergic reaction to something. Well when you wake up with bugs in your bed and blood streaks on the sheets and bites all over your body one tends not to believe its an allergic reaction to something! He also told us that no one else who was booked in that room AFTER us reported any bedbugs to them. They continued renting out that room AFTER they were told there was bed bugs in there!!!!! Then he asked us why we didn't report it immediately to someone there. We actually reported it about 10 minutes upon waking up to them (at 4:30 am). I went and checked out and told Tamara who then refunded our money. She made a few mistakes while trying to refund our money and called Jason on the phone while I was standing there and told him what happened. Why he was trying to pretend we never said anything during our phone call today is unbelievable. When he told me they continued to rent the room out I was very upset and asked for a name and phone number for his supervisor. He wouldn't give it to me and actually hung up on me! What a great place to stay.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Janet C

Travellers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We needed a last minute reservation and airport shuttle, since another hotel fell through. Jason and his staff were incredibly friendly, as well as helpful and quick in their response. If you need a quick cheap safe and comfortable place to stay when flying in and out of the Airport, this is the Hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Endwell, NY
Reviewed 29 May 2013

On May 25, 2013 my wife and I stayed in room 206. We did a bed bug check before turning in and didn't notice anything. I guess we weren't very good at it and boy were we wrong. Woke up the next morning to a number of them in both double beds. Under the pillows and in the sheets. Disgusting! This is our first experience with bed bugs and it doesn't feel good. I am now nursing over 100 bites. Don't stay here.....I never will again.

Oh and by the way...the room had blood on the sheets, pretzels on the floor and the front desk employee was very tired because of a double shift and charged my card 3 times for the one night.

Room Tip: Get a room with no bugs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge and Suties in North Syracuse and Jason at the desk was abosultely wonderful. I had booked a Jacuzzi room as I was in need of some relaxation. The room was clean and it was quiet, just what I needed. The price for a Jacuzzi room was very affordable. When I had checked out, I had realized that I left something behind several hours later and I had contacted Jason and he was able to locate my missing item and I was able to pick it up. When I had went to receive my item I couldn't thank Jason enough for finding it. Jason was very professional and polite in returning my item. Jason said he would contact me back once he located the item and without a doubt he did. This place is near so many fine restaruants and shopping centers. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. I will definately stay again, looking to see all the friendly people. A Big Thank You to Jason. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank M B
La Malbaie, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My wife and I really appreciated the services of Jason Hassett, your desk manager at the Syracuse motel. We felt welcome to your motel just by chatting with Jason; he was very helpful in suggesting good restaurants in the area and provided some hands on help with the tv connection. Some renovations had been made to the room but they forgot to plug in the cable connection (possibly because the connection was broken!). Jason came by immedately upon request and took time out from the office to fix the problem to our great satisfaction. Please extend our thanks to Jason and we'll also do it personnally on our next trip.

P.S.
We spent the night of April 04 in your motel

JC Young

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
SSSura, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for your patience with the television issue, and thank you for choosing Econo Lodge.
We hope to see you again when you travel through the Syracuse Area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This econo lodge is next to the airport in Syracuse, New York. The airport is not busy, so the noise is minimal. The hotel and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly, and I would stay at this hotel again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business